Chapter 8 - Caught in the Act

Start from the beginning

"I didn't break his nose, Vika," I told her, "I just made it bleed a little. Enough for him to learn to respect you and stay away. But this thing with Roza is too new. I can't introduce her to the family yet. And you will not be kicking her ass, Viktoria."

"Why won't I be kicking her ass? Is she under eighteen, like your last girlfriend? Ooh, maybe there's a bigger age difference than I thought, here! Maybe you're like seven years older than she is. Dimka, has she at least entered puberty? Are you a pedophile - or an actual child molester?"

"No! I'm not a child molester! Vika, I was under eighteen when I dated my last girlfriend! And she was only a year younger than I was! Why would you even think something like that?"

"So how old is she, Dimka?"

"She's ... older than I am."

"Is she a freshman in college? Ooh, where does she go? Did you meet her in your Chemistry class at S.C.C.? Is there a chance I might have met her?"

"She's not in my Chemistry class at S.C.C.," I told her, trying to be as cagey as I could about providing any actual details.

"But I have met her, then?" she asked. Uh-oh, Viktoria can be like a truth-sniffing bloodhound, scenting out the little fragments.

"Met who?" asked Mama, rounding the corner from her bedroom. I was still holding my bundle of sheets in my hands, trying not to draw attention to it.

"Dimka's new girlfriend 'Roza', Mama," Viktoria said, "She's in college." If we had been sitting at a dinner table, I might've kicked Vika's leg out of spite.

Mama's eyes lit up as she said, "Dimitri, you've met someone special? And Viktoria has already met her, too? Oh, how wonderful! When do the rest of us get to meet her?"

"I was just telling Viktoria that I've only known Roza since Saturday and I think it's still too early to introduce her to our family."

"So, what's she like, Vika?" Mama asked.

Viktoria looked studiously at me.

I took a moment to think of what to tell them. "She's very strong, Mama. She's been through a lot in her life and she's not afraid to be who she really is with anyone. I think you'd really like her. Fiercely protective. She's so smart and absolutely tenacious when she sets her mind to something. She wants to become a social worker so that she can help those who can't help themselves," I said, adding in a low mumble, "and she is maybe the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

"See, Dimka?" interjected Viktoria, "Thinking with the little man. This is why you need us to meet her. Now, clearly I already know her from somewhere, so why don't you tell me her last name?"

"You might not even remember Rose," I said, hopefully.

Viktoria scrunched up her face. "I thought her name was Roza."

"It is. You've been out of Baia for too long, sestra," I said, using the Russian word for sister.

"Why don't you want to tell me her name, Dimka? It's not like she's Hooligan Hathaway." Oh, shit.

Before I could try to come up with something to say to that, my mother asked, "Who's Hooligan Hathaway?"

"Rosemarie 'Hooligan' Hathaway. I only knew her by reputation because she was the grade above me. And then the grade below me. She was the St. Vladimir's student that half of the strange rules you had asked me about that came out when I attended were made for, Mama. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have that rule about not bringing aluminum foil into the cafeteria, or the rule about making sure underwear aren't visible out the back of your waistband, or the rule about not lighting candles on school grounds. Not to mention she slept with half the guys in our graduating class - and, she kidnapped her best friend Vasilisa and went to live in Portland with her as strippers for an entire year!"

Wait - Rose was a stripper? And I missed it? My dick was hardening just imagining her lithe body as she shimmied provocatively across a dance floor pulling off items of her clothing.

"Bozhe moy!" Mama exclaimed, "This girl sounds like real trouble, Viktoria. Although, you never can trust rumors if you haven't known the girl personally, and it's certainly not nice to make assumptions about who someone is or isn't sleeping with. You remember all the rumors that were spread about you after Dimitri saved you from Rolan. Now, Dimka, your Roza sounds nothing like these rumors," she eyed Viktoria, "- because that's all they are - about this Hathaway girl. When do we get to meet Roza?"

"Mama, let me get to know her first. Could I have a few months?" Maybe until the summer is over when I'm officially in college. "Then I will introduce her to our family," I said.

"I know you'll introduce this girl to us when you're ready, Dimka," Mama said, patting me on the shoulder, "You have a good head on your shoulders. You do what you feel is best."

"Thank you, Mama."

"So, Dimitri, tell me her last name already," Vika said, "Or I'm sure Mama would love to know all the details about the extra chores you were doing this morning?"

I thought quickly back to something Rose had told me: "I used to go by my mom's last name because my parents never actually got married, but a few years ago, I patched things up with my dad and these days I go by his last name: Mazur."
"She said her last name is Mazur. But I don't think you've ever met her, Vika."
"Hmm," said Mama, "I wonder if she's related to my old friend Abe Mazur."

"I wouldn't know," I told her.

--=o0/&\0o=--

Author's Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this one. I had a lot of laughs looking up all the various possible euphemisms that Viktoria could've used. Rose should be back in the picture next chapter again. If you ever want a good laugh, you can Google "funny names for semen". Close runners-up that didn't make the cut (a few for more obvious reasons of the fact that his sister is saying them to him): throat yogurt, wiener sauce, he-mulsion, and cock snot.

What'd you think? Feedback is appreciated. :-)