Bound In Ruins- Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"This should be interesting," I stated as both Kai and cruised in the city.

"Talking to a bunch of kids on Business 101? I might just lose my hearing right now," He stated scrolling through this phone.

"It can't be that bad. This is a nice change of events though," I stated as the driver continued driving.

"Yeah, let's hear you say that after we finish." He added.

Kai had though that teaching an intro business course for the day would be a nice change in things after the whole Jackson thing. He had wanted me to also not think about what I knew was bothering him.

He hated that I knew about Elizabeth.

"What University are we heading to anyway?" I asked.

It looked as if we were going south, towards Brooklyn.

Kai turned off his phone and looked at me and shot a smile, "I thought it would be nice for us to take a refresher, well you for the most part."

"Are we heading to NYU?" I asked feeling all sorts of nervous.

I hadn't been there since then.

Kai shot me a smirk and winked, "Thought you'd appreciate revisiting your old stomping grounds."

I felt my insides turn tenfold.

I hadn't stepped foot there in years. Avoided anything that reminded me of college.

Of him.

Feeling my heartbeat quicken, I simply breathed in and out slowly. I was over exaggerating.

I felt nausea creep in but I shook my head.

It's been years. Get it together.

Glaring outside the car window, the familiar streets took place in my view, and I couldn't help but relive all the memories that seemed to have flooded my head.

Pulling up to the business building, Kai stepped out first and I followed behind.

We were dressed as we would if we were heading into the office, except Kai has strictly instructed that we each bring a spare change of clothes.

I didn't know what he had up his sleeve.

Taking n my surroundings, the familiar buildings greeted me with a warm yet foreign vibe. I couldn't put my finger to it, but absolutely nothing changed, but seemingly everything has.

I wasn't the same girl I was 6 years ago when I first stepped foot here.

I walked inside and let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

"James, you good?" I heard Kai say behind me as we walked inside the building.

I completely forgot he was with me.

Turning around I shook my head, "Yeah, it's just weird coming here after all these years."

Kai let out a chuckle, "You seem as if you saw a ghost."

I felt my cheeks rush with heat, "Seems like it." I said honestly.

Nodding his head, he grabbed me by the hand and pulled out his phone.

"Room 23B, you know where that is?" He asked.

Nodding, I walked down to the hall and turned right, it was where I too had a business class.

I was surprised I even remembered, yet I knew this campus at the back of my hand.

Before entering, Kai turned me around and spoke, "Are you sure you're alright? You seem in your head."