Bound In Ruins- Chapter 2

Chapter 2

College- 6 years Ago

"Well, look who it is!" I heard Reese say as I walked into the house.

Walking inside a little shy, I brushed a strand of hair around my ear.

"Hey Reese," I commented as I stepped inside as he shut the door behind me.

"Lennox isn't here, she actually just left an hour ago. What's up? He asked confused.

Smiling shyly, I responded, "Oh yeah I know that. She texted me just a little bit ago. I'll see her when I go home tonight. That's actually not why I'm here."

His eyebrow shot up, "Oh, okay."

"She's here for me, you wazzock." Xander stated coming down the stairs.

"I will never understand your terminology," Reese stated shaking his head.

"Only the special will," Xander replied walking up to us.

"Alright then, you two enjoy whatever it is you're doing," he commented before leaving us alone as he disappeared upstairs.

"You ready?" He asked shooting me a wide smile.

Returning the smile, I responded "If you mean let's get this over with, then I'm way passed you."

Laughing, he ushered my to follow him.

Walking to the back of the house, he sat at the table on the porch where I sat across.

Pulling out my books, I spoke "It's been just one week into classes and my literature professor is going nuts. Seriously, a paper due just a week in?"

"That's nothing, just you wait until they make you write your twenty page research paper at the end of the semester," He stated winking at me.

"Great, I'm going to fail miserably." I huffed as I pulled out the rest of my books.

"Ah, this one. Classic." He stated grabbing the first book he saw.

"The assignment is to write a paper about the overall thematic elements on one of Shakespeare's work. The entire semester is consisted of different assignment on Shakespeare. I don't get my professors obsession with his work," I said.

"What's not to get? His work is genius," Xander replied.

Rolling my eyes I sighed, "You're a double major in English and Journalism, of course you would think so."

Tapping on the book he spoke, "You just need to understand what the book is really trying to portray. There are important elements to every one of Shakespeare's work. They're all quite incredibly actually."

"If you say so," I replied before taking a look at him.

He flipped through the book and I noticed how intrigued he was as he flipped through the pages.

"Draft is due this week and final is due for book one at the end of the month. At least I have some time to edit and finalize before my second paper and research paper." I told him.

"We'll pick two of his works and I'll guarantee you that by the end of this semester, you'll reconsider your major," He stated winking at me.

"Nope, that's highly unlikely." I replied.

Chuckling, "Let's get started. King Lear it is."

"Have you already read it?" He added.

Nodding in agreement he sighed in relief, "Good. This will be easy then."