Chapter 10

Three months had passed. They had stopped asking. Kirstie had started dating this guy just a week after 'our week'. Jeremy. A nice guy. But I couldn't be friends with him. It hurt too much. Seeing Kirstie so happy with him. Also she got me sick. So sick!

I had promised Scott it would all be normal again, but it never was. We ignored each other as far as possible. We didn't talk to each other, if not necessary. Some Pentaholics had noticed that something was wrong. We didn't follow each other on Twitter. And we didn't look at each other in interviews. We had used to be so close, even in interviews, but not anymore. I had tried dating other women, but I couldn't get Kirstie off my mind.

“Guys... we need to announce something to you!”, Kirstie said. We were all at dinner together. Scott and Alex. Mitch. Kevin. Kirstie and Jeremy. Me. We all looked at the two and I noticed a ring on Kirstie's left ring finger.

Everything went numb.

Are they serious? Three months and engaged? They got to be kidding me.

I saw Kirstie's mouth moving, but I didn't hear her. Everything went into a slow motion. The others got up to hug Kirstie and her fiance, but not me. I choked out a 'congrats' and walked out.

This is not real. Three months. THREE MONTHS! This is a dream. This is not real. This can't be real. Kirstie belongs to me.

“Avi!”, Scott shouted, running after me down the street. I stopped and turned around.

“Scott, please tell me this is not real...”, he looked at me confused.

“Yeah I know. Three months is not a long time bu-”

“That's not the point...”, I interrupted him and began walking, leaving him behind.

I was at home, frustrated. Why can't I just move on? Why can't I just stop loving her. This is killing me! I didn't notice I was pacing up and down my room until I heard a soft knock on the door. I stopped. I was facing the wall not the door.

“Avi. We need to talk...”, Kirstie said, quietly.

“No we don't.”, I said, sternly.

“Avi please... you are going insane...”, she said, worried.

“Thank you. Didn't notice that.”, I snapped.

“Okay. Now shut the fuck up, will you?”, she said with a raised voice. I turned and looked at her. She looked pretty angry. “Just because YOU can't get over yourself doesn't mean you can just act like a total dick!”

“Three months, Kirstie! Three months and you're already engaged?”, I shouted.

“You don't understand that...”, she said, more quietly now.

“You're right, I don't. Just answer me this one simple question: Do you really love him? Or are you just jumping into something mindlessly? You don't love him. This is not real love!”, I hissed. Tears formed in her eyes.

“Fuck you, Avi!”, she yelled and ran out.

“Kirstie! Wait!”, I ran after her. She stopped in front of the front door. All the others were in the room as well, except for Jeremy, but right now I didn't care.

“What, Avi?!”, she screamed.

“Kirstie, I'm sorry!”, I said.

“For what? Questioning my love for Jeremy? Ignoring me? Being mad at me?”, she asked.

“What about you? You played with me! You used me!”

“Stop saying that! That is not true! Avi! It was NOT a meaningless fuck!”, I heard gasps from behind me. I tuned around, just about to explode.

“Yes! We did it! We fucked! Surprised?”, I yelled at them.

“But not meaninglessly, Avi...”, Kirstie said from behind me “What happened to you?”, she whispered, her eyes full of tears and her voice shaking. She turned and left. Mitch and Kevin ran after Kirstie, while I broke down on the floor. Alex and Scott sat in front of me on the floor.

“I can't do this anymore...”, I cried.

“Avi. Tell us what happened... and I want you to finally tell the truth.”, Scott said calmly. I told them everything. About the two weeks they were gone. How she rejected me. How I couldn't stop loving her. How she jumped straight into a relationship and I tried to go out with other women to get over her. How it's just tearing my heart apart.

“That's sad...”, Alex said.

“You'll find someone Avi... just give it some time.”, Scott said.

“Yea I guess...”

A/N: Sorry guys! I know I'm late but I totally forgot about this. I was too caught up in real life stuff. Anyway.... Till next Wednesday :)

Love you guys! -Anna