𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆.

Start from the beginning

Clarisse charged again and again towards the Cyclops who tried ponding, stomping and grabbing, but the girl was too quick. And anytime she made an attack, Ariadne and Percy stabbed the monster in the toe or the ankle or the hand.

She noticed how both of her friends were growing tired and she was too. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Grover carrying Annabeth across the rope bridge, and she got an idea.

"Fall back!" She told Percy and Clarisse. They both decided to trust her and rolled away as Polyphemus's dust smashed into an olive tree.

They ran for the bridge, the Cyclops right behind them. He was bleeding from all his wounds and hobbling after them, slow and angry. "Grind you into sheep chow!" He promised. "A thousand curses on Nobody!"

"Faster!" Percy yelled back at Clarisse as Ariadne led them across.

Grover has made it across the bridge as they tore down the hill. Their only chance was to make it across before the monster caught them. "Grover!" Ariadne yelled. "Get Annabeth's knife!"

His eyes widened when he saw the monster chasing them, but nodded in understanding. All three demigods hurried over the bridge before Grover started sawing at the ropes. A strand snapped off.

Polyphemus was on the bridge, she could tell by the thundering steps and how the bridge swayed wildly. Half of the ropes were cut before all three of them dove to solid ground beside Grover.

Ariadne slashes her sword and finished the ropes. It fell away and into the chasm below as a howl signaled throughout the air... but it was full of glee. The Cyclops was standing on the side with them.

"Failed!" he yelled with delight. "Nobody failed!"

Clarisse and Grover ran at him but were swatted away like bugs, smashing into the ground with a thump!

Her anger built up, and she realized Polyphemus was at a disadvantage. They were on solid ground and in the middle of a grassy field. And both her and Percy were vengeful.

They needed to save camp and they couldn't because they had been stopped by an ugly monster who thought he could make them fail— well jokes on him, because she was done with holding her anger in like she had been for the whole quest. From everything towards Luke, her and Annabeth, to her anger at Circe, losing Tyson... she was done.

Ariadne raised her sword and so did Percy, vibes sprung from the ground as they inches along the Cyclops's body. He looked down as he was confused before they pulled him down. And in seconds, the monster had been slashed and smashed and bashed repeatedly by two powerful demigods who both held their swords over his one eye.

"Uhhhhhhhh," Polyphemus moaned.

"Percy! Aria!" Grover grasper. "How did you—"

"Please, noooo!" the Cyclops moaned, his eye staring up at them. Blood ran from his nose as vines tied him down tightly while he struggled. A year welled up in the corner of his half-blind eye. "M-m-my sheepish beed me. Only trying to protect my sheep!"

A sob escaped him.

Her eyes narrowed in anger, vines inching towards her own feet as they were crawling up his body, close to smothering him.

"Kill him!" Clarisse yelled. "What are you waiting for?"

"He's a Cyclops!" Grover warned them. "Don't trust him!"

Ariadne finally let it sink in that he was a son of Poseidon too. Just like Percy. And just like Tyson. "We only want the Fleece," Percy told the monster. "Will you agree to let us take it?"