𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

I 00

I 00. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ love ❞

          THE GODS AND GODDESSES SAT UPON THEIR MARBLE THRONES, WATCHING AS APHRODITE CLOSED HER EYES. The goddess mumbling her breath before an explosion of pink dust appeared, the gods and goddesses screeched in annoyance, swatting the dust out of their eyesight.

Aphrodite rolled their eyes, dramatic. But then again, all of them were just that. The women gave a dreamy smile, her work complete as they all stared at her expectantly. She sighed, her fingers fluttering lightly, like a butterfly on a clear summers day.

The Oracle of Delphi sat on a stool, staring at the goddess, who expectantly waited for a prophecy that would point her in the right direction. The body opened its mouth, spouting a Great Prophecy.

"Daughter of the Vines rises tall above the rest,

Proving herself to be one of the best,

Son of the Sea creates harmony for all,

Labyrinth stories retelling a great love's fall,

Two shall stand hand-in-hand,

As the strongest love of them all"

And with that, the Oracle went silent. Aphrodite sat on her throne, fingers tapping away at the marble, nails clicking against the stone. Her thoughts were jumbled, but one thing stood clear, the Oracle had been talking about her mistakes with Theseus and Ariadne.

The rest of the gods and goddesses sat impatiently, wanting to know what she was to do about the prophecy. Zeus spoke up loudly, "Well?"

The women glanced over at him, "Love. But with who?" Her eyes continued to stare at the Oracle, narrowing slightly in concentration. A realization crossed her, an easy way for her to watch over the two that were meant to be.

She closed her eyes, "The next Ariadne will fall in love. But not with a Theseus, but with a Perseus."

Athena rolled her eyes, "Get over the dramatics, make it simple."

"Love is not simple. In three hundred years this great love will take place. True and fair, the two shall stand tall next to one another."

Apollo spoke out, "Why the prophecy now?"

Artemis spoke after, "Yes, and why a Great Prophecy for you?"

Aphrodite, ignoring the jab from her sister, sighed, "This Great Prophecy is not just about love."

"Then what is it about?" Ares as grumpily, not exactly wanting to be there.

The women scanned the room, "This is my redemption at a costly mistake. Two great heroes will fall in love, and I'm sure of it this time."