Surprised Proposal

Summary :
Kao and Earth were enjoying their dinner together after a long time apart. Then suddenly they're a part of a proposal's project for a stranger?

***

The sky was full of stars tonight. Kao and Earth are enjoying the cool breeze in a restaurant's patio. Lately, it's been so rare for them to enjoy themselves like these, what with Kao being busy with his schedules and the younger with his thesis.

Earth was shuffling his hair with his right hand and look up at Kao's face. "Lung, it's been so long since we get to eat dinner together like these," he said.

Kao smiles, seeing his lover so happy, "Yes, Mu. Congratulations on the finished thesis by the way."

Earth laughed, "I'm so so glad that that thesis is out of the way. Now I could pester you at work and no need to worry about those papers anymore," he said.

Kao snickers, "Like you could, let's just see what P'New have in store for you first now that you're free," he teased.

Earth scowled at his boyfriend, those red lips of him pouted hearing his lover teasing him, "Yes, yes," he smirked remembering something, "...but you know that you still have those events with the same studio I'll be using for the second season training right, Lung?"

Kao's face palmed himself, but then he smiles, "I'll be happy to see your lovely face while I'm there, my bunny..."

Earth scrunched up his face, "Ew, why did you be so cheeky suddenly?" Kao just laughed.

"...but you know, Lung. I think I saw some suspicious people when we enter this restaurant," he frowned.

Kao coughed a few times when he was gulping some water, "Re-really? I don't realize," he stammered.

Earth frowning even more, "Yes it's like some hushed-hushed business you know...do you pay the restaurant to be discreet about our dinner? And that's why?"

Kao shook his head, "We don't need to be discreet anymore since we've come out right after our series ended, Mu. So no."

Earth sighed, "Maybe I just imagine things."

They both enjoy their foods after that. But before they could finish a glass of wine, a man with a casual tux and bouquet in his hand came to their table.

"Excuse me...I'm really sorry, and I want to propose to my girlfriend, can I ask you both a favour, please?" he said. 

Earth claps his hands once, "Of course! You're so sweet!" he gushed and smiled brightly.

The man laughed, "Thank you, in a while, the staff would say the letter I prepared for her, we sit at that table, could you save the flowers for me, so I don't look suspicious?" he pointed towards a table not far from them. He gives the flowers to Kao's outstretched hand.

The man continue, "...the staff would read out my letter with a mic, and when they finished, I'll take the flowers from you," he scratched his back hair.

Earth nodded enthusiastically, and Kao who saw his lover so excited just nodded at the man.

After saying his thanks, the man went to the table to wait for his girlfriend's arrival, he said.

"Lung, Lung, isn't he just so sweet towards his bride-to-be? I can't wait!" there's a starry look on his face. Kao smiled and nodded to show he's agreeing.

Not long after the supposed girlfriend came and sat in front of the man, then there's a voice imbued from a mic sounded. 

"I remembered it vividly."

Earth jumped a bit in surprise when the voice sounded so suddenly out of nowhere from the speakers.

He shushed at Kao who's been silent even before the voice came. 

"The moment we first met, it was the beginning of our first meeting. I know it's only been a year. I promised myself I'd be a good man for you. You were having a hard time with your study a while ago."

Earth was so engrossed with the explanation, and he closed his eyes. Imagining the story, the man wanted to tell his girlfriend with a smile because he could picture the story as he and Kao giggled. How absurd.

"You were upset every time you told me you miss me over the phone. I was missing you too, seeing your smile is my happiness all along. With that in mind, I'd like to always be with you and back you up."

There was some sound from their table, but Earth paid it no mind, he doesn't want to be disturbed while imagining the love story the staff was telling out loud.

"And wherever I have to be, so I could fall asleep with you in my arms and wake up looking in your eyes...that's where I'm gonna be. I want to be together with you because I love you."

The guests were in awe at the sweet confession, including Earth, who's eyes are still closed.

"...for real. Would you marry me? My boyfriend, Earth Katsamonnat, from Kao Noppakao."

Earth's eyes immediately opened. He was looking wide-eyed at Kao who's smiling at him softly to his direction.

Kao was holding the bouquet the man gave them before, and there was a burgundy small box with a yellow diamond ring inside it opened on their table. Can't believe what he was seeing and hearing, Earth closes his mouth with his hands and let a few tears fall.

"Will you marry me, Mu?" Kao asked now looking serious and also a bit nervous. The cold exterior was gone from Kao Noppakao, and he's looking sincerely as ever now at the younger. 

Can't believe how voice, Earth nodded a few times eagerly.

People were clapping around them, and the younger realize that the guests were cheering them on, including the man and his supposed girlfriend.

Not far from them, there was a white screen showing up their pictures.

Kao is standing up and goes to Earth's seat. Earth hug the older's waist and place his head on his stomach. Kao's left hand was circling on Earth's head, and his right hand was caressing the younger hairs.

"Let's be together...forever, Mu," whispered Kao. He took Earth's left hand and placed the ring on the younger fourth finger slowly. The finger people believed had a vein that ran directly to the heart.

Earth whispered, "I love you too, P'Kao..."

COMPLETED

Written 15th of May,

junijunipers.