Never Ending Story [Short/Fluff]

"I have something to tell you," Kao said suddenly.

Earth looked up from his food on the plate, to his lover. He's looking curiously at Kao because the older ones rarely start the conversation over dinner like this.

Kao looks at his lover with a mixed expression, between regret and anger.

"I'll be married next week."

The spoon and fork that Earth was holding fell to his plate in shock. His body becomes rigid as if being electrified. His eyes searching for Kao's face for a sign said the older was lying or probably just playing with him.

Found none, tears start falling from Earth's eyes.

"Why...who?" he couldn't decipher his own words, due to the feeling of his heart being ripped off of him.

Kao stood up and went around the table to approach his crying lover. He hugs Earth from the side, placing the younger's head on his stomach.

"My father arranged a marriage partner for me. She's a daughter of some business partner he has," Kao answered, he's caressing his lover's back to calm him.

Earth cries more formidable, "So...it has...to be a woman, after all...?" he asked.

Kao sighed, his hand now caresses Earth's silky black hair, "I can't oppose my father's words, baby. He demands me to give him an heir for the sake of the family," he explained regretfully.

Earth looks up to his lover's regretful face, "Can't you...fight for us?"

Kao fell silent.

Earth starts to cry again.

"Please, baby. Don't cry," Kao pulls his lover's crying face to look at him, "I'm so sorry," he added.

Earth hiccuping because of his cries. He tries to stop his crying. When he succeeds, he grabs and pulls Kao's face towards his, and he kisses those lips of Kao.

They exchanged a few chaste kisses, then their kiss starts to deepen, and before they know it, they begin to strip off of their clothes.

"Please, hold me like you usually did, P'Kao," Earth begs desperately while his hands circle Kao's neck. "For the last time," he added.

***

Fluke enters Earth's bedroom and found it was so dark he could barely see inside it. Finding his way to the window, he opens the curtain that prevents the light from coming in.

However, he was shocked to find Earth's body slumped on the sofa with both eyes closed.

"Earth! You alive?!" he acclaimed worriedly.

Earth opens his eyes and looks at Fluke, a second later he was crying in his best friend's arms.

"What should I do...Fluke?"

Fluke was taken aback, his hand automatically caress the younger's back to calm the distressed male.

"Earth, won't you come to his wedding?"

At the mention of the wedding, Earth pulls out of the embrace. He looks back at Fluke with a worried expression.

Earth pulls out something from the pocket of his blazer, he was ready to go to the wedding, but his feet won't obey him. He gave the white envelope to Fluke, who hurriedly opens the letter which alarmed him because his younger friend was worriedly looking at him.

Fluke's eyes bulged out.

"You're pregnant with his baby?!"

COMPLETED

a/n:
I know I kind of left it on a cliffhanger. I'm so sorry.

Tweeted on the 21st of August 2020,

junijunipers.