Chapter 20

The meeting room on the Helicarrier is filled with the whole team. The Avengers sit at the long table, while Fury barks his orders, not having many options left.

"I think Agreste is in on it," Spiderman speaks up, attracting everyone's attention. "He told me to stay away from Marinette. Maybe he knows that she's Ladybug."

"Or," Natasha theorises, "he could be Chat Noir."

"Don't be stupid," Tony chastises, "with a father as strict as Gabriel? He'd never get away with that. He probably just fancies Dupain-Cheng."

Natasha and a few other avengers are about to argue, when Fury orders, "Regardless, we should have him monitored. Coulson!"

"Already on it, sir!" affirms Coulson as he marches out of the meeting room with his S.H.I.E.L.D. issued tablet in hand.

"The plan is going to have to change," Fury states, and everyone murmurs their agreement. "We need to get them onto the Helicarrier, but we won't be able to trick them. For this to go smoothly-" Peter bites back a bitter laugh, like their last plan had gone smoothly. "- we're going to have to accept some help."

Fury looks almost, no, he looks entirely reluctant.

He shifts slightly to draw their attentions to the door, introducing the red and black clad man as he enters the room.

"Deadpool."

-

They barely have time to call, "Pound it!"

There guards are down and they don't realise the tall, masked man until his arms are wrapped around them.

"Hey, guys!" The deep, cheery voice says alarmingly.

There isn't even time to get out a panicked, "Who are you?" The world starts to change, and there is a loud zap followed by a sharp crack. Dizzy and disoriented, the young superhero duo falls unceremoniously to the ground.

"Well, that was fun!" The mysteriously weaponized man calls, already at the sealed, thick, metal door at the other side of the room. "Probably won't see you guys again tho. I know, they are so cute. Shhh! We can't give anything away though. Hopefully Fury won't unalive them. Bye!"

The door opens and the man steps out, the metal slamming shut behind him as the two regain their bearings and start sprinting after him.

"Oh, no no no! Where's the handle?" Ladybug panics, hands roaming over the door that has no way to open; there is no handle, no sensor, and no keypad.

"Who was he? Who was he even talking to?" Chat asks, mirroring Ladybug with his scrambling hands.

The man had grabbed them and transported them here to this cold, large, metal room, with nothing in here but themselves and some blinking lights in the roof's corners, which Ladybug assumes are security cameras. They have just defeated another one of hawkmoth's akumatized victim's, and if they can't recharge their kwamis, then very soon those cameras will have proof of who they both really are.

"I think he's with S.H.I.E.L.D," Ladybug tells Chat, giving up on opening the door and walking back into the middle of the room. "He's with Peter."

She ignores Chat's look of pure rage and anger, just as she ignores her own, instead she allows her eyes to roam over the room, again and again, turning in slow circles to look for another exit, knowing that it will be pointless.

"They're going to know who we are, and then what? Make us fight them, take our miraculous?" Chat joins her in the middle of the room, his tail belt moving irritably.