"You just looked a little...," IU tapped her finger against her chin, searching for the right word. "Lost. You looked lost."

"That obvious, huh?" Miserably, Nana slouched. She was beginning to reconsider her path after the absolute shitshow she had experienced.

"Hey," IU spoke gently, "no worries. We've all been there. I mean, the first time I performed, all I remember is the crowd hurling insults at me. You'll get past this, trust me."

And Nana did. Trust her, that was. Hearing the soft reassurances from the celebrity across her, who had just released an incredibly successful album last year, really helped her put things into perspective.

Nana promised one thing to herself: she would show them all just what she, and BTS, were made of. 

Her spirits lifted, the two went on to discuss a myriad of things, both deep and trivial. And it was the start of a long-lasting, genuine relationship between them. 

Blinking, the scene of them chatting over tea and snacks dispelled, and Nana was brought back to the scene before her of idols socializing. Which reminded her–

"Unnie!" She laughed as she approached her friend, playfully shooting at her with finger guns, to which Ji Eun pretended to get hit and die. She always made it a point to hang around IU as much as possible, knowing that she didn't have many idol friends. Where Nana always had her group to rely on, IU had no such safety net, and so Nana was there to be that for her. 

"My precious dongsaeng~" IU quirked an eyebrow at her and moved her hands a little, silently asking whether she could touch her. A small nod from Nana was all it took for them to embrace. As they pulled away, Ji Eun ruffled her hair a little, making sure to convey the fondness but keep her carefully-placed style intact. She, more than most, knew the importance of image. 

They dived into conversation, mostly about their individual music endeavors in their time apart. As they spoke, Nana reminded herself of her friend's approaching 28th birthday, and wondered briefly what that song would be like (Ji Eun had taken up the habit of releasing songs in celebration of her growth as each year passed, and each was better than the last). 

They briefly separated to greet other friends; out of the corner of her eye, Nana noticed IU speaking to her close friend Suzy, and Nana herself went to reconnect with her boys and their conversation partners. Flitting around like the social butterfly she was, she managed to speak with the majority of her peers, as well as go out of her way to introduce herself to the younger ones who had just appeared on the scene. She knew what it was like to feel like you didn't belong, even in a group, and she liked making people feel comfortable. 

Of course, she had to go mess around with her very own dongsaengs TXT (another ridiculously long name thankfully shortened into three letters). As their one and only noona, she had the responsibility of both spoiling them and teasing them relentlessly. When she was paired up with Jungkook, this treatment doubled, as the feeling of being at the bottom of the metaphorical food chain resonated within them. (What can they say, they liked being the bullies for once >:))

"You guys are so cute, all dressed up!" She cooed, lightly pinching Taehyun's cheek, as a good older sister would do. 

"Hi, noona!" They chorussed, with the exception of Taehyun, who was trying to save his face from Nana's unforgiving grip. 

A few figures came bounding over from a distance, noticing an opportunity for some good family bonding. 

"Hello, young ones!" Jimin exclaimed, deciding to be a good big brother and help release Nana's hand from where it was still attached to Taehyun's face. She pouted, but he simply stuck his tongue out at her. (Taehyun wouldn't admit it, but he enjoyed the contact, though he definitely couldn't feel that spot for a good few minutes. He also knew that the others were very much jealous, seeing as he could feel their glares piercing the side of his head.)

On her other side, Taehyung and Jungkook were grilling the boys on their feelings, whether they were overwhelmed, who chose their outfits because we didn't have nearly as much fashion sense when we were your age and the like. Soon, Namjoon approached to pull them all away and to their seats like the BTS-wrangler he was in anticipation of the show's start. 

Sitting among her members, Nana truly felt at home. She felt even more loved when Yoongi threw his likely-several-thousand dollar jacket at her so that she could cover her goosebump-covered legs (why stylists insisted on dressing her as if it was a billion degrees out when they all knew that air conditioning was always at full blast in every venue was beyond her. But hey, what did she know about fashion?)

There, she prepared herself for another night of her absolute best behavior (the cameras catch everything) and felt herself warm just a little at the thought of being surrounded by her best friends. 

Though she was looking forward to swaddling herself, and, inevitably, her brothers, in as many blankets she could find when they got back home, that's for sure.

~~~

ok so originally, this was going to explore nana's sexuality more, which is like 50% of the reason there's so much about iu here (she's a big supporter of lgbt and was rumored to be lgbt for a while due to the song "everyone has a secret", etc. etc.) but also i just love her and her music so yeah. anticipate a close relationship between nana and iu for sure. 

sorry that there's not so much bts here, but this is also setting up more content between them so look forward to that as well lol

as always, love you all and thanks so much for taking the time to read this :)))))