Ain't Playin No More

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry. God knows I wish things could have been different, but we choose the path we wanna take and Chandler took the wrong path." I squeezed her shoulder and she placed her had on top of mines.

"Sylvia I hate it too, but as much as I hate to say this, he is better off dead because he was so messed because of his father. He needed professional help and for years I tried, but it was no use. He was already too far gone. Things happen for a reason."

"That's true, but still it doesn't ease he pain."

Lawrence had taken Shonda to a hiding spot. I had cussed her out ten times over. She fucking and sucking for money. Play games with innocent people and now all this shit happened. Shonda better hope that my daughter pulls through because if not she gonna burn in hell with Charles and Dr. Canty.

I took a seat and as soon as I sat down the doctor came out with Nedra behind.

"Monroe family."

We looked at them both and I knew that it wasn't gonna be good news, especially the way that Nedra was looking.

"Doc what's the verdict?" David asked.

"Well she is stable, but still in critical condition. There is still a bullet lodged near her spinal cord that at this point is risky to move. The bullet she took to the chest was about two centimeters from her heart. She is in a coma and the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours are touch and go."

"David. Mrs. Sylvia. We are doing everything that we can." Nedra said.

"Thank you Nedra. Can we see her?" David asked.

"Yes you can."

"David you go first." I said as I patted his back.

He walked off down the hall with Nedra and the doctor. This shit had spun outta control, but it's real now and I ain't playin this shit no more.

David

I took a deep breath when I pushed the door open. I wanted to break down and cry, but I had to be strong, if that were even possible at this point. I slowly walked over to the bed, looking at all the tubes  running in and out of her body. I touched her hand and bowed me head. This was the hardest shit for me to watch.

"Renee I don't know if you can hear me, but in spite of everything I need you. I want us to get back to what we had. I love you and I never stopped. Real love don't die in months. I just wish you could have come to me and told me what the deal was. God Renee there ain't nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you. You know that." I paused to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Renee, baby you gotta pull through this for me, for Desire and  your mother. I love you so damn much that it scares me sometimes. I wanna see that light back in your eyes that you had the day we first met and the day you said I do."

"Daddy."

I turned and went straight to my daughter.

"Babygirl." I hugged her as we both cried together. I smoothed her hair back and wiped the tears from her eyes as she wiped mines. I kissed her forehead and smiled weakly.

"How you holding up?"

"Oh and old man doing the best he can. I'ma give you some time alone with your mother. Is August with you?"

"Yeah he out in the waiting area."

I nodded and walked out, but not before telling my babygirl that I loved her.

Desire

I stood there just staring at my mother's lifeless body. I was not used to seeing this. I felt tears stream down my face. This was just too much for me right now.  I walked closer to the bed and touched her cheek.