State of Emergency

Desire

We had arrived at the hotel in Philly and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was tired. The lil altercation that August and I had was, I can't even find the words. He always knows what to do and how to do it too. I flopped down on the bed and curled into a ball. I was about to get into a deep sleep when my phone rung. I didn't even look at the screen. I just answered it groggily.

"Hello."

"Desire where the hell are you?"

"Momma."

"Yes Desire. Look I really need to talk to you and August. Where are you?"

I rose up and instantly fear ran down my spine. Something in her tone told me that something was wrong. I wanted August to be here wit me, but he had to go check out the venue he was performing at tonight.

"Momma we are in Philly. What's wrong? Is daddy okay?" I asked running my hands through my hair.

"Your father is okay, but he may end up in jail because of a tip that he got about an hour ago."

"What tip is that?"

"Det. Harris called a meeting with Lawrence and your grandmother is flying in tonight. The truth is about to be revealed as to who did that to you that night. All I know an anonymous person met up with Det. Harris and gave him all the information he needed, but they are still working on the specifics."

"Oh my God!"

"Desire you be careful and I know that August will take care of you."

"Okay momma and you be careful too. We still got some things to work on and workout, but I love you."

"I love you too baby."

I hung up the phone and sat there not wanting to go to sleep. I thought about calling Shelby to let her know I was out of town because she would be worried sick. I just remembered that I left my damn car at work because of August bossy ass. I found her number and listened as the phone rung.

"H-Hello." She answered nervously.

"Shelby is everything okay?"

"Um...yeah everything is okay. Where are you? I was looking for you, but when I came to the lab you were gone."

"Oh about that. I had to go handle something real quick, but listen I'm gonna be out of town for a lil while and my car is still there can you make sure nothing happens to it?" I asked laying back on the bed.

"Sure. No problem, but look Desire I gotta go. Be safe." She hung up and I looked at the phone strangely.

The room door opened and August walked in coming directly over to me. He was smiling and I couldn't do anything but smile back. He came and got on the bed with me and pulled me close to him.

"How my babies doin?" He asked as her rubbed my still flat stomach.

"We doing fine." I said as I placed my hands on top of his.

There was a moment of silence and I knew that we were both lost in our thoughts. I wonder did he know about what was happening back in the A. Something about that whole situation wasn't sitting right with me.

"August did Twan or my dad call you?"

I had my answer because he tightened his hold on me.

"Baby I don't like this. I just want all this shit to be over so we can live a normal and happy life." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"Shh...Baybey don't cry. I told you I had you. This shit gon' be over soon. Now do you undastand why I wanted you close to me. Think about what woulda happened if I had left you there alone. From this point on I'm either gon' be wit you or the bodyguard that you grandma has on standby." He kissed my cheek.