Ain't Playin No More

Desire

"Nah bitch fuck you!"  I said as I let a round off in her ass. I had feeling some shit was off when I got to the back and heard that damn song. I knew Aug wouldn't be listening to no shit like that. August didn't know I had a gun, but I had been got this damn gun after all that bullshit.

I knew that these muthafuckas thought I was weak, but all the bullshit I been through has made me stronger. I stepped over her body and walked over to August. I examined his body and there wasn't a bullet wound in sight. He stood there looking at me like I was crazy.

"Desire when tha' fuck you get a damn gun?"

"Nigga that shit ain't important right now. Shit this crazy bitch almost took you out and you worried about when the hell I gotta a damn gun." I turned and Big T and the rest of crew walked in with the security from the club.

They were about to get a piece of my damn mind for not being where the hell they should have been.

"Now explain to me why the fuck y'all wasn't in here doing ya damn job. I mean if I hadn't had that gut instinct August would be fucking dead!" I yelled in anger.

"Desire we sorry man." Big T said.

"Mhm, you got that shit right."

"Desire calm tha' fuck down my lil gangsta." August said.

"August do not fuck with me right now. Do you not understand you could have been gone!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

"Baybeh I'm not tho. I ain't going no fuckin' whea." He reached out and took me in his arms.

Seconds later the police came in and started asking all these questions. I stood off listening as August talked to the officers. They came and talked to me next and I told them what happened. After that the coroner came and took her dead body out.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I don't think I can take anything else right now. No sooner than that thought crossed my mind August phone rung. I took a seat in one of the chairs, sipping from a water bottle.

"What tha' fuck?" August yelled as he looked at me.

I stood up and walked over to him. I knew that something was wrong because of the way he was looking at me with sorrow in his eyes.

"A'ight we on our way out now."

"August what the hell is going on?" I asked with concern in my eyes.

"Desire baybeh. Chandler's dead and your momma was rushed to tha' hospital, she was shot."

I stood there because I thought my hearing was failing me, but I knew it wasn't. All I could think was why me Lord? I was so stunned I couldn't even shed a tear. This is what I don't need right now. I don't know who the fuck did this to my mother, but I ain't with the bullshit no more, I ain't playin and that's what's real.

****Atlanta Medical****

"David I know you are hurting, but you gotta calm down."

"Mama Sylvia, no disrespect, but how do I calm down when some crazy muthafucka out there shooting people. Now my wife is laid up not knowing if she is gonna live for the next twenty-four hours. I admit she did some fucked up shit to hurt me and this family, but I don't wanna see it end like this." He walked off.

I walked over to Mrs. Wright and I knew in spite of her sons problems she loved him dearly and did not want to see it end like this. My heart went out to her, but the conversations that we had she knew that this was bound to happen.