"It's not like that, Son! There are so many girls who are rich and are of your status. I really don't understand why you want marry my daughter." he says.

Aarhan tells his uncle......

"All the people around me are only for my money uncle. You are the only person who took me in when I had nothing. You both are most important people I live for. These riches and wealth doesn't matter to me if I don't have you people by my side.

And I also want to tell that, there will be no person who can take care of our princess like I do. I will make her happy, uncle. I won't let her eyes get wet.

When I came to know that you started to search matches for her, I don't know but there is this uneasy feeling in my heart, uncle. I don't want our princess to go away from us. We only have her and she only has us.

She can't even live a few days without you what made you think that she will marry a unknown person and leave you for that man.

I really don't want her to marry another person other than me, uncle. I don't know what this feeling is but it is killing me inside just by thinking that she will belong to some other guy. I can't even imagine another guy beside her, uncle." He can see sincerity in his eyes.

He meant each and every word he said. Reesha's father can't be more happy. He is exactly like what he wanted in his son-in-law.

Reesha's father smiles at him and says.....

"I'm happy to know that, son, but I want to speak with Reesha first then only I can tell my decision to you." He tells him happily.

He nods his head in understanding manner.

"I can understand, uncle. After all it is her life we are speaking about, but I also know that she doesn't go against your wish. But I want to agree on her own, uncle without any pressure. She should accept me as her husband whole heartedly, uncle. Don't force her into anything, uncle." He says.

Reesha's father smiles at him.

All this while Reesha is hearing the whole conversation between her father and Aarhan.

She came back to ask about what breakfast to make but stops in middle as she heard Aarhan speaking to her father about their marriage.

She is too overwhelmed hearing to him. The care and concerned he showed for her are commendable.

She blushes thinking his as her husband and also their closeness just a few moments ago. He had a great effect on her. Her whole body reacted to their proximity.

Finally, she leaves from there and cooks her choice of food for breakfast.

After having breakfast Aarhan leaves to his work not before kissing her on her forehead (that one gesture makes any girl feel the love they have for them. It means a lot to a girl when they get a kiss on their forehead). She is surprised at his gesture. Her father smiles looking at them.

'They look cute together.' Her father thinks.

————————————————

Later at that night......

"Reesha, I want to speak with you about something important." He tells her.

She nods her head and goes into the living area, sitting on the couch.

"What, Pa?" She asks him even though she knows about what he is going to speak with her.

"I want to know your opinion on marriage and also that I want to know that if there is someone whom I need to know." He tells her.

She frowns. "Pa, you know me better than that." She tells him disappointed.

"It's not like that, princess. I just don't want to take a wrong decision about your life." He tells her holding her hands.

"No Pa, there isn't anyone in my life and also I'm ready to marry whomever you say to marry." She tells him.

He smiles at her proudly. He is proud of his up bringing. It's not that he will not be proud if she likes someone else but it gives him a satisfaction that she believed him to make the biggest decision of her life.

Caressing her hair with his hand, he tells her.

"In the morning, Aarhan asked me your hand in marriage, princess." He tells her slowly.

She smiles at him.

"I know, Pa! I heard the conversation." She tells him shyly.

"Ohh.... so, what do you think about it, princess?" He Asks her.

"To be frank, I don't know." She tells him honestly.

He sighs. "Do you like him?" He Asks her.

She shyly nods her head. He is happy that she nodded her head in positive.

"So, are you okay if I give him my permission for your marriage?" He Asks her to confirm.

She nods her head again shyly.

"Are you sure that you are not taking this decision in a hurry or under any other pressure?" He asks her seriously and one and last time to confirm.

"Pa, you are worrying too much. No, I'm not taking this decision in a hurry or under any other pressure. I heard the whole conversation happened between you both and I was too overwhelmed looking at his care and concerned towards me. It will be my good luck to get him as my husband, Pa." She tells him.

He smiles.... " Why do I get a feeling that you already like him from before itself?" He says.

She blushes beet root red being caught like that.

"I see that it is the truth then." He tells her smiling.

————————————————

Next day morning Reesha's father informs their decision to Aarhan.

"Aarhan, I agree to your proposal." Reesha's father telling him Smilingly.

Aarhan is on cloud nine. His happiness has no limits, he did a mini dance but composing himself he tries to speak.

"But uncle, what about Reesha, is she okay with this?" He asks him to confirm.

"Yes, I spoke with her yesterday and she said yes." He tells him happily.

"But I want to speak with her and confirm, uncle." He voices out his thoughts.

Reesha's father smiles in understanding and tells him to do what he wants to do.

"Where is she, uncle?" He Asks him.

"She went to office, son." He tells him.

"Oh. So early." He says disappointedly.

Reesha's father eyes went wide in shock.

"What happened to you, son? Time is 10 o'clock, her office hours starts at nine itself." He tells him.

Aarhan mentally slaps his forehead🤦🏻‍♂️ for his stupidity. He was awake whole night thinking about his future with her and also how he would face her after their awkward moment. He finally slept around 5 in the morning and woke up with his uncle phone call, he didn't realize the time.

"Umm....Nothing. I will talk to you later, uncle" with that he cuts the call.r story

-Peppermint_Kisses27