fifty six

Not edited.

Iman POV

"You should sleep" I said again but this man I call my husband won't budge.

" You just had the bone marrow biopsy, you should rest"

He just a bone marrow biopsy but instead of sleeping he won't.

" Am going for a walk, so sleep well" I stood up but his cold palm laced around my wrist.

" I will come with you" he sounded so weak.

Imagine some thick stuffs been drawn out of your system and you won't rest, what a man!

" No" I replied firmly.

" Please, I want to say it out everything, I want to tell you, I want to rest my head on your shoulder and tell you everything about me, please"

" Hambal....."

When did I turned to such an emotional girl?

We walked into the flower garden behind the hospital, there were few benches here and there, we sat down and he placed his head on my shoulder, he snaked his arm around me and pulled me closer to himself, his body was cold, not warm as usual.

" I thought I could trust her" he began.

" I was always lonely, Father busy with work, mother visiting the hospital, I was always alone, with chocolates and books as my friends, and Marwan...... He's just like you know, lonely but with computers as his friends, I took liking in computers too that I ditched my books for them.

I didn't like her at first, but she was so good to me" he stopped and held my hand tighter.

" That night..... I didn't know what happened.....I just didn't remember anything I just found myself in a bed the next day, it was all strange to me, I..... I didn't do it I told everyone but no one believed me, I.....I was a fool right?" I felt a warm wet substance on my shoulder, he was crying.

" It hurts..... pretty bad, I spent a month or so in the hospital for something I was innocent of. But then I didn't believe she would ever do that, I trusted her, I might not love her that much but I trusted her"

" How did you find out?" I am so curious about that.

He sat up properly and pulled out a light blue piece of paper from his pocket.

" She wrote this"

" Hambal, you should rest, you going to be very weak tommorow if you don't rest" I don't want to see him break down, he hasn't even donate the bone marrow, we are still waiting for the biopsy results.

" Am trying to forgive her, it's hard, I have never been this confused, it's still hard to believe she did that" he won't stop talking, typical Hambal.

" Father, he never believed me, he never trusted me, no one did, I wish I knew you then, I won't be that helpless, you trusted me enough to wait for me since all these years, am sorry I did that, I was just scared of hurting you but I did it anyway, I wasn't even thinking straight, Am sorry, really sorry Iman"

I hugged him reassuringly and carefully not touch his bandaged waist.

🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄🌄

" He can't be the donor" the doctor informed placing the biopsy results before us, I felt my heart sinking into my stomach.

" Why?" Hambal's father asked worriedly.