Chapter 28 - ashton

Looking from afar from the beach where my sister had joyfully played with the water, I sat on the grassy parts where it collided with the sand.

I knew she had enjoyed looking at the depths of the undiscovered sea and with that -- I gladly accepted to join her along with our youngest sibling. The two were at my eyes reach. I smiled as they laughed and giggled, splashed at each other with water.

I knew the day is going by quickly seeing as it is dawn and we were expected to be back at the castle in a few hours but seeing them happy, made me happy.

There couldn't be possibly anything to take that memory away except for being away from them and pursuing what I was destined to do. Being a king and it's only a year ahead which is crazy for me to think about. There was no way for me to get out of it because one way or another, I have to continue down my family's blood.

I've only been pushing myself to become what everyone dreams I'd be 'cause of Lauren and Harry, my siblings.

Ruling alone or not, all I want is for them to be smiling. The world we live in is not very kind and no matter where we go -- there seems to be blood involved all the time.

Drawing my attention to the sky again, I get up to collect the two so that we can head back inside and give ourselves some rest.

I see Lauren kneeling on the sand, tracing patterns with a stick but I don't see Harry anywhere. "Harry!" I called out, looking around for any sight or sound of him. I head over to Lauren. "Where's Harry?"

She dropped the stick and looked up at me. "I thought he went over to you...?" I sighed at the way she questioned her own words. She dusted off her dark green dress and stood up to help me find our brother.

I really hope he didn't go off on his own and get himself lost, I thought to myself.

I went back to where I was sitting down while Lauren looked behind the tree's that were near the beach. Right when I called out for his name once more, I heard a scream.

Lauren.

I darted to where the audible scream was and saw Lauren on the ground and clutching at her side. There was a gush of blood soaking through the material of her dress.

I saw Harry by her side, crying. "Harry! Lauren!" I ran over closer to them and dropped to my knees.

I looked at Lauren and how her face showed how she was feeling. She's in pain and she has an arrow dipped in her skin. Not only was Harry crying but so was Lauren. I pushed back her hair away from her eyes and soothingly petted her mat of hair.

"It'll be alright," I whisper to her in the most relaxed way that I could. "Just hold on, you can do that for me, right?" She shakily nodded.

I looked around in hopes to find anyone but I found none. I took my eyes off Lauren and looked at Harry.

I had so many questions for him -- right now wasn't the time.

"Harry," I say in a stern voice. "Listen to me. Go get help." I thought he didn't hear me at first because he continued to look at his sister until he got up and ran towards the direction of the castle where there are people.

"'M gonna die..." I hear Lauren say to herself.

I shake my head, "No, you're not gonna die. Don't say that. I promise you that everything will be okay. Harry will come back with help and everything will be fine."

I wanted to believe what I said so bad but in truth, I knew things would not be okay, nothing would. Harry did go get help yet the time is going by so quickly that blood is pooling around the both of us and the pulse on her wrist is becoming weaker and weaker.