Justin on the other hand stayed quiet because he had an awful feeling in his stomach. Of course he knew that there was a point in her life where Justin hadn't even been in her mind but it was hard for him to listen to it, especially the good memories because it just made him feel like an after thought, like he didn't really matter. He knew that wasn't true and that Maddie loved him more than almost anybody else in the world but he couldn't help but feel some sort of jealously to the fact that she had a life for years before they even met.

"How did you face plant on a marry-go-round?" May asks laughing imagining a young Maddie. "I didn't always have the balance I have today and I was with a bunch of kids who enjoyed pushing the stupid thing so fast the girls would fall or jump off." May laughs but it's quickly interrupted by a voice of someone unknown.

"Maddie was always determined to stay on, prove us boys wrong." The four turn to a blonde teen walking towards them with a smile that didn't meet his eyes. "Do you know my sister?" May asks but the look on Maddie's face could have easily answered that for her. "Do I know your sister?" The blonde chuckles looking at the girl who was much older since the last time he had seen her. "She was my best friend once upon a time." He says smiling turning back to the young girl.

He brings his hand out to May and nods to it, smiling May takes it and shakes his hand firmly. "I'm May." She introduces herself with a proud smile. "Well, it's very nice to meet you May, my name is Adam." He says and looks to Maddie. "Long time no see Maddie." Adam says raising an eyebrow making the teen sigh and stand up. "We'll be right back." Maddie says quickly grabbing Adam's arm before dragging him to the basketball court where they'd hopefully be out of ear shot.

"What the hell are you doing?" Maddie asks crossing her arms. It was true Adam and Maddie had been best friends for quiet a few years if she was remembering correctly but as soon as Maddie got out of the house and environment she was in, her and Adam did nothing but fight and the last one was when she was ten, while she was still waiting to be adopted. It ended with Adam saying a few really hurtful things and Maddie punching him.

"I think the better question is what are you doing? You left this place why are you here after all this time?" Adam questions his intense eyes suctioned to her face. "May wanted to see where I used to live, get some insight into who I was." Maddie says keeping her arms crossed as she tried to matched the intensity of his eyes but nobody could ever match what his golden, amber eyes held. "So you're here to show her how much better your life is now? How many innocent kids you left behind?" Adam asks his tone hard and accusing and all of a sudden Maddie wishes she had turned down May's idea to visit her old life.

"Adam, you know damn well I had no choice in leaving and even if I did and I chose to leave it was a good choice." Maddie says anger in her tone as she tries to defuse the situation before it got any worse. "Wow," Adam chuckles. "you really have changed." He laughs now as he too crosses his arms. Maddie glares now without even trying, and this time her ocean blue eyes hold the same amount of hate and intensity that his did. "Yeah, for the better." She says going to turn around and walk away but Adam quickly, grabs her arms and turns her to face him.

"No not for the better, because that's not who you are." Adam says the bickering teens having no idea that the trio they left behind were now up and ready to run to them if things got even the smallest bit physical. Maddie scoffs at this and takes a step back. "No, this is who I am. Who you knew was who I had to be to survive and the fact you don't know that proves just how little you know me." Maddie says angry but breathes in when she sees him begin to speak, again. "Fine. You're right. This is who you are. Hiding who you are underneath nice clothing and shoes, little miss perfect." He says and Maddie lets her arms hang. "I am not little-" He cuts her off now.