30

"This is stupid

"This is stupid. What are even supposed to be?" Justin asked annoyed as he moved the goggles around his neck. "I got no clue but Bryce wanted us all to dress up together so guess what? We're doing it, and we're doing it with a smile." Maddie said laughing as she moved Justins lips with her fingers to make a smile and he pretended like he was going to bite her fingers. "Look there they are! Our favorite couple how are you doing with the goggles Justin, be glad they weren't drunk goggles." Bryce said laughing as he gave the couple a glow stick that matched the ones wrapped around Bryce and Zachs neck. "I was thinking-" Zach got cut off by a random outburst from Bryce. "Yo! There he is! Jensen!" Clay looked up and Bryce hit his chest in a playful gesture. "Yo good job last night you can really hold your booze." Bryce said smiling until he heard a mumbled comment from Zach. "Shut it man you threw up after two wine coolers last weekend." Justin snorted and Maddie laughed since what he said was true. "Because they were strawberry. I'm allergic." Zach said upset looking around at the eyes that watched him. "No you're not." Maddie said laughing and Zach elbowed her and gave her look telling her to shut up.
"I'm having a Halloween thing at my place, super small. You should come. Alex will be there." Bryce said with a smile as he pointed at Alex who gave Clay a nod. "I uh, I'll think about it." Clay said and Bryce snorted. "What you got something else to do tonight?" He asks leaning back offended. "How about French?" Tony asked as he came up and leaned his arm on Clays shoulder. "Boys." Tony nodded to them and they nodded back. "Tony." They all said together. "Mad Dawg Maddie." Tony said using yet another old nickname that made her smile, you could tell the difference between her gesture since the one to the boys was full of tension. "Terrible Tony." Maddie said with a smile as Justin put his arm around Maddie and gave Tony a back off look that Maddie didn't get to pick up on.

Maddie smiled as she stood in the middle of Bryce and Justin on the gym floor as they voted for who had the best costumes. "Okay, it's tight but the winners are Bryce, Justin, Maddie, and Zach!" Everyone ran out to them to celebrate together and Maddie laughed when the two boys beside her lifted her up on their shoulders. "Guys put me down!" Maddie laughed as they let her down and she hugged the other three people that won along side her, even though it wasn't very important it was still fun and she enjoyed it.

At Bryces house there was no large party, just a small get together like he promised and Maddie was happy about that. Maddie was in the pool house walking down the hall back to Justin when she stopped to listen to the conversation. "Do you guys understand how much shit I'll be in if Maddie figured out the truth? He needs to fucking get his ass here." Maddie scrunched up her face in confusion and didn't move wanting to understand what the conversation was about. "He'll be here man." Marcus promised and Justin groaned. "If he doesn't we do this my way." Justin muttered and Alex asked the question Maddie would have. "What is your way?"
"We're done making friends. We make him understand."
"Understand what?" Alex asks and then the doorbell buzzes and Justin was intruputed. "Easedropping is not a good trait Maddie." Bryce says from behind her making her jump. "Bryce I-" Bryce shook his head. "You're secret's safe with me. You know I always got your back." Maddie nods as Bryce puts his arm around Maddie and brought her out of the hallway into the light and Justin watched the two intently.