40

"No, Bryce that's too much to ask, you need to go back to class

"No, Bryce that's too much to ask, you need to go back to class." Maddie said with a small sniffle. Bryce was the boy she had bumped into while crying and after he got her up and dusted off he offered to bring her back to his house saying how they hadn't hung out in awhile and he could see that at the very least she needed someone to talk to. "Yes, but see you didn't ask, I offered plus I'm passing English with 114% I think I can miss one class." He says with a charming smile as he puts his arm around her and slowly walks her out to the car. "Thank you." She whispers, she hated to look so weak in front of anyone but she really appreciated the fact that Bryce was being so kind to her, it honestly made her a little upset because she hadn't had a lot of time with him because she had been trying her hardest to avoid him because of Justin.

Once they were in the car it didn't take too long for them to get to his house, once they step inside Bryce lets Maddie slip out of her shoes and coat and walk her down to his bedroom though he really didn't need to guide her, the amount of times she was in his house began to become too many to count. "Do you want a beer or anything?" He questions and she shakes his head but he leaves the room anyways, most likely to get a beer for the both of them, Maddie knew Bryce wasn't one to take no as an answer when it came to drinking. Maddie began to look around the room, it was spaceish, nice, and clean, something expected for Bryce. There were all kinds of pictures on the wall, pictures of him in his baseball uniform, pictures of him with his team, pictures with Monty, and pictures of him with Justin, there were even a few pictures where she and Jessica could be found smiling with the boys but honestly that felt like years ago, she couldn't remember the last time the both of them were happy when anyone else was.

"Here we go. Two beers, one for me and one for you." Bryce says and he walks back into his room, shutting the door as he pops the lid off the drinks and hands one to Maddie as he looks to where she was staring and smiles, he loved to look at the pictures, he loved his friends, but more than anything he loved how the pictures captured how their friendship was, in the one that the two of them were looking at himself, Monty, and Justin were all holding Maddie sideways, Jeff was laughing as Maddie held her arms out with a huge smile on her face as if she were in a cartoon, Zach was at the other end seemingly very considered for his sister and Jessica was on the ground with one of her arms on Maddie's side and one under her leg making it seem like she were the one holding her up. "Those were the days." He says as he takes a drink from his bottle.

"Yeah." Maddie agrees as she wipes her eyes quickly, she missed Jeff a lot and just looking at Justin right now made her upset. "So are you going to tell me what happened?" Bryce questions as he pats the bed beside him for her to sit down, and she does so as she sets her untouched beer on the table top. "Did you know," She takes a deep breath and turns to him. "Did you know that the night Jessica's party Justin and her hooked up?" She questions holding her breath but the confusion on his face was enough to tell her he had no clue what she was talking about. "No, no I didn't know that." His tone was confused and worried, he knew what really happened that night and he was happy Justin was covering for him but for him to go as far as to tell Maddie he cheated? He had to be in a very tough spot and now he was worried about what he wasn't telling him. "Yep." Maddie said tears coming back to her eyes. "While I was trying to find someone to give me a ride to Jeff because Clay told me he was in a crash he was hooking up with Jessica." She says covering her face. Bryce sighs ad he rubs her back gently.

"You know Justin would never intentionally hurt you, right? He was really drunk that night, and so was she, I mean you remember she had to be carried up to her bedroom almost pasted out. It had to of been a mistake." Bryce says calmly and Maddie shakes her had. "Even if he was drunk, or it was a mistake it still happened, and he never even told me." She says and then his brows furrow. "What do you mean he never told you?" He questions and she sighs. "He never told me, Clay told me, well basically, so I asked Jessica and she said yes but when I asked Justin about it he kept denying it till he figured out that Jessica told me then he tried to turn it on me, like I was using this as a way to get back with Monty." Maddie says rolling her eyes and she crosses her arms. She feels Bryce's hand carress her cheek as he turns her head to face him once again, but instead of dropping it, it stays there. "Maybe he just didn't want to tell you because to him it was a mistake that should have never happened and he would never let happen again, and he knew that if he told you that even though it was a mistake it did happen, do you see where he might be coming from?" Bryce asks and Maddie nods, but that didn't make her any less hurt or upset. "Thanks Bryce." She says softly and he smiles as he leans in ever so slowly. "You know you can always count on me." His lips were so close to hers, but he backed up with confusion written all over her face. "Uhm, what are you doing?" She asks and Bryce shakes his head his hands going to grip her waist. "I'm just trying to show you what you've been missing." He says with a smirk on his face though in his mind he himself was trying to figure out what he was doing, Maddie was like his sister, he didn't want to have sex with her and he never wanted to hurt her but for some reason it was like his hands weren't his own.

"Bryce, I-I don't like you like that and I'm really not comfortable with this." She says nervous as he starts to lean over her and she feels her body began to get trapped between him and the mattress under them. "Bryce please stop." She says scared now as he heart begins to race, she was strong sure but not as strong as him and for some reason it was like if she were scared her strength was gone. "Sorry, I can't do that." He says and now it was like she were underneath and entirely different Bryce than she knew. She was sobbing now as his hands began to rank her body his hands burning her skin painfully rather than sensually. It was like her whole body went numb and she couldn't move it, she was back in her childhood, her innocence being taken and her power as well. As soon as she felt his fingers undo her jeans and begin to slip them down her breath was gone and her suroundings changed, she was back in his childhood home, she had to be six, sitting in her pink covered bed with her uncle laying right beside her in nothing but boxers. "Be a good girl and spread your legs for me." And she did what she was told as he began to touch her and himself. "Please stop." She begged him as she gripped her sheets with her eyes tight wishing it were just a nightmare. After a few moments there was a groan and she felt wet liquid splat onto her body. Her eyes opened again and she was back with Bryce. As soon as she came back to her senses and felt his fingers in her she gathered all of her strength to shove him off her but it took several tries, once he hit the floor she pulls her pants back up her sight blurred with tears but before she would make it to the door her body was slammed into the wall.

"Please stop, please, I won't tell anyone, p-please I can't do this again." She was shrinking under him but his next words hurt her even more. "You wouldn't be able to tell anyone anyways, who's going to believe a helpless little adopted girl?" He taunts her but freezes for split second when he hears a car pull in. And that's all it took for her to run out the bedroom and through the front door leaving her jacket and shoes behind.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Hey! Sorry for the wait once again everythings been very hetic with not only my club but my classes and teachers/ advisors, and I have finals next week plus we're still trying to get my scedule for next semester finalized. I hope you guys liked this! A lot of people were asking for what happened to Jessica to happen to Maddie but I didn't want to go the whole way, but I also wanted to show how Bryce and Maddie did have a connection along with the fact that I took from season 3 where Bryce was saying basically how he had no control, I'm not making any excuses or saying this was true I just thought it would be interesting to add it in for the character dynamic when I get to season 3.

Help! What do you guys want to happen next? I.E. When should she tell, who should she tell, what do you want to happen with Maddie and Justin. Ect.

Some ideas for this chapter: enrdl033

{12.27.19}