47| The Last Fight

Dedicated to: LostForever011

Thank you for your lovely votes!

Okay so I wouldn't normally say this but since this chapter is MOSTLY action sequences from the start till the end, you can SKIM through or even SKIP all the way till the end if you aren't interested in detailed combat scenes.

BUT make sure you read the last couple of paragraphs as they're essential for the next chapter!

Thank you for opening this book!! Please do vote ^_^

Love, K!
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Kid, get off the ground. Spit your blood and bare your teeth. Go down a savage, go down fighting."
~ martyrsuggestion; Tumblr

Carlton's POV

Few years ago...

My Father points a gun to my head, pressing the muzzle to my temple harshly. "What if someone squares you up like this? What will you do?"

My eyes are wide with dismay, my lips quivering. "I-I don't know."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen." I have no idea where he's going with that. I just want him to stop pointing a gun at me. My Father turns off the safety of the gun, and before I could even blink, he fires it.

I stumble back with my heart in my throat, panting with apprehension.

"That's how easy it is," he scowls down at me, opening the barrel of the gun to show me that it's unloaded, "One click. That's all it takes."

My face is red with nausea. He has always been the one to give hard life lessons through "demonstrations", but wasn't this a bit too far?

"You're weak." He leans down, his posture mocking me. "I want Theodore Hargrave's son to grow up to look at death in the fucking face and stand tall!"

My head falls with embarrassment for not meeting his expectations.

"I have assigned a martial arts tutor for you," he says, adjusting his lavish suit and his symbolic hat, "His name's Jonathan Price. His son, Damien, will be joining you."

He tosses the unloaded bullet at my feet and walks away, leaving me feeling utterly worthless.

Present day...

I looked at death in the fucking face and stood tall.

Augustus Bancroft — the embodiment of the grim reaper himself, stood on the platform in the middle of a colossal, ramshackle basement, and he leered smugly at me. He was wrapping bandages around his palms, just like I did. Were his knuckles hurting from punching me so much last night?

There were a good amount of people present there; all of them looked like they worked for him. So apparantly, I was fucked in all possible ways.