Chapter Three

hat're you reading?" Her father walked in.

"Nothing, just a book that I found, kind of boring."

"Tori, you know you're more than welcome to leave the room and talk to the other people on this unit."

"I'm well aware of that Dad, I don't want to."

"Tori, please don't raise an attitude with me, I'm just trying to help."

"Help? You've got to be kidding me, I'm dying and you just want to help."

He sat down by the windowsill, "you make this hard Victoria, very hard," he looked over to other side of the room "have you spoken with, or met your roommate?"

"No dad I haven't, listen I'm tired, can you go home?"

"Is that really what you want?"

"Yes."

"Ok, fine."

He stood up and left. Victoria flipped the TV on, Toddlers and Tiaras was on, made her think of the days she was in pageants, or dragged to her idolized sisters dance recitals. Her sister Caroline was now a successful business women in New York. She had a daughter, and was married to a realtor named Oscar.

Caroline rarely talks to any of the family since she gave up the opportunity to dance at ABT. The American Ballet Theatre her junior year, and stopped dancing in general that summer.

A female walked into the room, she looked about her age, she had no hair, she wore a purple Under Armor long sleeve shirt, black leggings, and white boot slippers.

"You're awake." She said smiling.

"Yeah, I am."

"I'm Piper." She said sitting on her bed.

"Victoria." She gave a half smile.

"Nice to meet you." Piper smiled, you could tell she had, had brown hair because it was the color of her eyebrows.

"You should get dressed I can show you around the unit."

Victoria nodded, she got out of bed walking over to the dress grabbing a pair of grey high socks, black leggings, and a baseball tee.

She came out of the bathroom with her hair in a messy bun.

"Cute."

"Thanks." Victoria grinned.

Piper showed Victoria all the units then they got to the lounge. It had an Xbox, foosball table, books, computers.

Piper walked in, "yeah this place is pretty cool isn't it?"

"Yeah it is." Victoria glanced around the room this boy was staring at them.

"Who's that kid?"

"Daniel Myers, he's so cute for a CK."

"A what?"

"Cancer Kid." She laughed a little.

"Come on let's go back to the room." Victoria said turning around.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah just tired from the walking."

They made their way back to the room, her mom was in there pacing back and forth.

"Oh Victoria, there you are." Her mom walked over and squeezed her.

Victoria patted her mom and pulled away, "Mom this is Piper."

"Hi Piper, nice to meet you I'm Kathy, Tori's mom." She smiled wildly.