The Missing Breakup Chapter

Ⓛater that evening Tori received a text from Austin, he went on and on for paragraphs talking about how he couldn't be with her anymore, how he couldn't watch the person he loved so much get hurt. He didn't want Tori to feel abandoned when the school year started to become more intense. She couldn't count how many times he re-used the word sorry.

Tori started typing, then stopped, then began again but she couldn't get the right words to text, she didn't want to call she didn't want to anything. She left the room going down to lounge to be by herself, heading down the stairs she got a text from Austin.

Please do not hate me Victoria. I will always love you.

Her heart broke, she melted onto the floor resting her head up against the wall crying.

Daniel came rushing down the stairs, "Hey, hey cupcake are you alright?"

"If I have to tell you again my name is Tori I might lose it."

He sat down next to her, "Good to know you're okay, wanna talk about it?"

"Okay? You have got to be friggen kidding me."

"If you're not talk to me about it."

"The guy that I spent months pushing away, then finally let in just broke up with me. He wrote endless paragraphs about how this is all too much for him! What about me? How is this okay for me to accept?"

"I'm sorry, if it counts I think you one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen."

"I'm basically bald, I wear a hat everyday now just trying to keep what I have of my hair left."

"Doesn't stop me for thinking you're beautiful cupcake."

She glared at him.

"I know what your name is, and quite frankly I could care less." He stood up reaching his hand out.

She starred staying planted on the ground, "I promise I won't hurt you." he smiled. She grabbed his hand as he pulled her in kissing her, she kissed him back as tears ran down her face. He felt them hit his hands, he continued to kiss her wiping away each tear with slow movements of his thumb.

Tori pulled away resting her head on his shoulder, he kissed the top of her head. She looked up at him. "I have to go." She ran back up the stairs as fast as her weak sickly legs could.

Tori checked her phone, nothing. Reluctantly she check PreachIt, their was a photo of Austin and Lacey all snuggled up together at a local café, "So damn hurt Austin." she chucked her phone across the room.

"Woah are you okay firecracker?" Piper put her sketch pad down.

Tori hadn't even acknowledge her when she walked into the room. She nodded.

"Don't lie." Piper got up and sat on the end of Tori's bed, "What's going on chickadee?"

"Austin and I broke up and..." she went to tell her about Daniel, but she didn't even know herself how to feel about it, "He posted a photo with my bestfriend, looking all cozy and happy together, as if I wouldn't see it."

"Why would he post that?"

"Well he didn't, neither of them did. Someone saw them and posted it. He knows I would eventually see it and their was no pre-warning from either of them."

"It's gonna be okay T."

"Piper I just wanna rest now, okay?"

"Okay." Piper stood up going back to her bed turning on her lamp, so she could finish drawing trying to disturb Tori as little as possible, once she was sure Tori was asleep, she shut her lamp off climbing under the blankets herself.