Part 2

"The Masquerade Party."

*

I woke up earlier than expected, Mama usually wakes me up but today... I woke up by myself. I smelt the pancakes and it tempted me, my mouth started to water and it made me walk downstairs and enter the kitchen.

Mama is cooking breakfast, pancakes, bacon, eggs and my ginger tea. Mama must've sensed that someone is watching her so she looked at me, flashing a sweet smile.

"I'm just about to wake you up, good morning!" She greeted and I greeted her with a smile. We started eating together, it's just the two of us but it's enough for me because I am contented already, I don't want anyone else after Dad left us.

I prepared myself and wore my hoodie since it's a bit cold outside. Mama even prepared a tumbler of ginger tea for me to drink in class.

*

I arrived at the School seeing students holding a paper, flyers to be exact.

"Masquerade Party? Escort... Young Master Chan?!"

"OMG! We should go! We might be lucky enough to be picked as Young Master Chan's Muse!"

I overheard the two students who passed through.

"Masquerade Party flyers!" A girl yelled and handed me one, she assessed my whole from head to the feet before chuckling.

"Nah, even if you would come... He won't pick you, loser!" She said before laughing and leaving me frozen at my spot.

"Masquerade Party! Who would be lucky enough to be chosen as Young Master Chan's Muse for the night? Prepare yourself! Dress up! See you tomorrow night, 7PM."

Young Master Chan?

I sighed before turning my back and continued to walk my way to my classroom.

But I haven't even reached the classroom when the speakers grumbled and the lady on the office started speaking.

"Good morning students! We are pleased to inform you that there will be a 2 hour faculty meeting. Please don't loiter out of the school grounds. Thank you!" I can spend my two hour in the library!

I dashed into the library. The librarian greeted me with a smile, she knows that the Library is my favorite place.

I went to my usual spot where no one definitely notices me. I placed down my bag and the flyer and took out my book and started reading.

It's not even thirthy minutes yet that I started reading when someone sat in front of me. It was a guy.

He placed down his bag and took the flyers I had and read it.

"Do you want to go?" He asked and I respectfully placed down my book to face him. I sighed before looking down.

"It's too crowdy, I don't like it." I replied and he smirked.

"That's the point of this party, it will really be a crowdy event." He said and placed down the flyers.

"I can help you." He said and I looked at him.

"This is not an everyday event. This will only happen once a year and you'll never going to be experiencing this again if you decline." He said.

"I told you, I hate crowdy places." I said.

"Who cares? It's not like you're going to get people's attention anyway. The only thing you'll do is attend. You can come with me." He said and I sighed in defeat.

"Who are you?" I asked and he chuckled.

"My bad, I haven't even introduced myself yet. By the way, I'm Kim Mingyu. Class A." Upon hearing the Class A, I looked up to him.

"Y-you're my classmate?" I stattered and he chuckled.

"Really? I just transferred. And I actually hated the time I entered the room. Girls came squealing at me." He said and leaned on the chair.

"So, are you coming?" He asked.

"I-I don't have anything to wear..." I said and he chuckled.

"You won't waste your money. I got you, you can borrow one from my cousin's boutique. And I also have a make up artist." He said and my mouth swung open.

Rich...

"So, there's no getting away. You'll come with me tomorrow night." He said and I nodded in defeat. I have no choice.

*

Two hours passed and I packed my stuffs to go back to my classroom, Mingyu is slouching on his chair and I gently tapped his shoulder to wake him up.

I walked my way alone to the classroom and entered seeing everyone doing their own business. I didn't noticed Mingyu is already on my back so I went to my place and sat down.

Mingyu sat on the unoccupied seat beside mine.

Classes went smoothly and it's lunchtime. I went to the cafeteria and bought a serve of tteokbokki, I went back to the classroom and started eating. I don't eat at the cafeteria since it's a very crowded place especially on lunchtime.

Someone entered the classroom holding a bottle of green tea. It's Mingyu.

"Don't eat alone." He said.

"I-It's alright... I got used to it." I replied and continued eating.

*

Hometime, I quickly packed up my things and rushed out of the school. It's already 3:45, goodness! I can't be late for my regular bus!

I arrived at the bus stop and my regular bus didn't stopped.

Urgh! I missed it!

I sat down at the bench and decided to wait for another bus to come. Usually the other bus arrives 10-20 minutes. It can't be that long.

But suddenly, this black car stopped in front of me.

"Hop in." It's Mingyu, he opened the car door and scooted on the other side of the seat to give me space.

"I'll just wait for the bus. No worries." I answered and he chuckled.

"Don't worry, you won't pay me back. My driver will drive you to your destination without any paybacks." He said and I had no choice but to ride.

"J-just drop me at block 48."

It became a little silent through the whole car and there's nothing and no one to open up anything, not even the driver.

"Don't forget the event tomorrow." Mingyu said and I nodded.

The driver finally stopped and I opened the car door.

"T-thanks for driving me... f-for free..." I said and he smiled before leaving.

>End...