Chapter 12 (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"Where's Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo-hyung asked.

"At the training room," I answered, the others have been training for the past weeks and ever since, whenever I woke up in the morning Chanyeol isn't there anymore and when I saw him on the halls of the mansion he would only smile at me and disappear to continue his training.

"Baek, you know Chanyeol's doing this to protect you right?" I nodded, "Lay hyung and Suho hyung is doing everything they could to locate Sooman's lair, you should stay here and try not to go outside."

I could always remember every time our Papa and Father would prevent me from going outside, Luhan would go nuts whenever I tried to jump out of my balcony just to go out. I laughed at the memory.

"You're laughing," he said and I gave him a small smile, "I just remembered the last time I went outside against Papa and Father's orders, I met Chanyeol." My brother nodded and reached for my hand.

My brother sighed when Kai appeared in the library, "Did I disturbed your brotherly moment?" Kai asked and walked towards us, he kissed Kyungsoo-hyung's head and my brother closed his eyes to feel his boyfriend's kiss.

I miss my Chanyeol.

They left the library, I stared at the closed door, Kai said that Chanyeol is busy working on his telekineses and his alertness. Chanyeol's powerful but he needs to train in order to protect me.

I feel so weak, well I am always weak. Sometimes I wonder why our parents chose me to be the heir to the throne. My older brothers are far stronger than me, why me?

I remembered what my Grandpapa said to me the last time we had a dinner at the castle.

"He is weak. Baekhyun is not fit for a king, why didn't you choose Kyungsoo? He's strong and bright, how about Taehyung? Or Chen?"

I sometimes prayed that my Mother and Father would change their minds and chose either of my older brothers to be the heir to the throne instead of me. Then I remembered what my Father said to me.

"Baekhyun, you are wiser than your brothers, you may be hard headed but you are wiser. Our Kingdom needs a wiser king."

I sighed and I looked outside the window and I noticed a black carriage approaching.

Could it be my sister's husband? His husband will arrive today and everyone in the house is anticipating his arrival, I wanted to call my sister but she's busy helping Suho hyung finding Sooman's lair. My eyes squinted when I noticed that no one is following the black carriage, then I remembered that the family of my sister's husband had a powerful sorcerer. Maybe he asked the sorcerer to do something on the carriage to protect it.

I went outside the library and I noticed that it's quiet.

Where could they be?

I tried calling Minseok hyung and Chen hyung, and even Luhan but they aren't answering, the doorbell rang and I don't have a choice but to go to the big doors to open it and let my brother in law inside.

My heart is racing when I'm approaching the doors, I could almost hear its thumping in my ears.

I opened the doors and my eyes widened when I saw who it was, the thumping of my heart doubled, my breaths doubled and my neck started to burn. It wasn't my brother in law, it's....

"Mabel? What are you doing here?"

She smiled innocently, "Surprise!" Then she threw some powder at me and my vision starts to become blurry.

But before I could even close my eyes, I heard their heavy footsteps and them shouting my name.

"Baekhyun!"