10) evie

please excuse any mistakes.

"you're picking him over us?"_______

_______

The bleachers of an empty gym shake a bit as someone walks along them. Footsteps creep up on a blond girl sitting by herself. Her lunch in one hand. A brand new phone in the other.

"Did you see the video, Evie?"

The girl doesn't even flinch at the sudden question. Already recognizing the person by their shadow.

Evie Gray, the youngest child of the Gray family rolls her green eyes. She's annoyed. This has to be the hundredth time some girl's asked her about her brother and Honey Davis.

"Fuck off, Riley."

Her tone's bitchy and she knows it. She watches as Riley's face turns from curiosity to hurt. Riley, who proclaimed herself as Evie's best friend, is clearly offended by Evie's choice of words.

Evie doesn't care about her feelings. Riley's not her best friend just because they've known each other since 8th grade. If she was going off of that thinking then everyone in the damn town would be considered her best friend.

It's almost funny to see how fast Riley stomps off the bleachers when she figures out that her presence isn't wanted. Probably cursing Evie out in her head.

It's not like Evie had to give her an answer.

Of course she's seen the video. There's no way she wouldn't have seen it. The whole school's talking about the video. And the dead girl too...

They're the latest pieces of drama. Something people can talk shit about and spread rumors.

The rumors have already started to spread. The amount of stupid shit she's heard about her brother is weird. The one picture they managed to find of him seems to have all the school gossiping.

"He's so hot."

"Ew, he smokes."

"He's a creep."

Evie doesn't like how people are finding out about her brother. Half of the people who watched the video didn't even know a Elias Gray existed before today.

John, their father, the mayor of the town, barely speaks about him. He acts like Elias died five years ago.

Realization hits Evie hard.