2) honey

"i'm not sure it's a good thing we met

"i'm not sure it's a good thing we met."

_______

"Need a ride?" The right window of a bright red sports car was rolled down, as a man called out to Honey.

The bright red sports car contrasted against the darkness of the night. Such an unusual thing for a small town like this.

Many of the people who lived here couldn't even afford the most rundown of cars. People settled for the single bus that went through the small square footage of the quiet place. Seeing such a material thing left Honey a bit starstruck.

Not that she hadn't ever seen nice things before. She had simply seen them on her old fashion tv, not in real life.

The offer was tempting. After all who wouldn't want to ride around in such a luxurious thing, that someone like herself couldn't ever afford.

But her mother had taught her better.

Strangers in this town were a bad thing. They only brought one thing with their presences and that was danger.

And so to her dismay she rejected the offer. She'd have to wait yet another hour for the bus.

"No, thank you. The bus should be here any minute." The little white lie slipped past her plump pink lips. A carefully placed fake smile adorned her round face.

"Are you sure? It can be pretty dangerous for a girl like you to be out so late.." his tone held a bit of fake concern. He was clearly mad she had rejected his offer, if the look on his face said anything.

"Yes, I'm sure. Though that was very nice of you to offer me the ride," she once again turned him down, nicely. Honey was starting to feel uncomfortable around the man. At this moment she really wished she hadn't missed the six p.m. bus.

And now being stuck with a dead cellphone and an hour left for the bus to arrive, she had nothing to do but stay and talk to the stranger.

Admittedly the stranger was good looking. His brown curls looked soft, and his blue eyes fit his angular face perfectly.

The rejection of his offer hadn't seem to get through his mind, as he stayed parked in the spot meant for the bus.

"Look, I know the whole stranger danger thing might be holding you back from taking the ride, but trust me, I mean no harm," he finished with a smile.

Honey didn't want to get in the car but weighing her options, it seemed better than waiting an hour for a bus that wouldn't arrive anytime soon.

She took two steps toward the car, second guessed herself, and slowly but surely opened the door of the red sports car. The interior of the car was covered in black, not a single speck left without the color. Black leathery, black steering wheel, black dashboard. The stranger was even wearing a black suit.

There was a awkward silence in the car as the radio was turned off, not a sound to be heard except for Honey's own breathing.

She gave instructions when needed but made no move to start a conversation with the man. Though she could feel his eyes on her.

It wasn't until they stopped at a red light that he spoke to her. "Mind if I smoke a cigarette?"

She shook her head, noticing the fact that he cared to take her thoughts into account. She was surprised at. She'd half excepted the man to be hard and stoic. Based on the little emotion his face held, when driving.

Smoke landed on her face as the man, turned toward her again to give her his name. His left hand holding the cigarette while his right hand kept a steady grip on the steering wheel of the car.

'Elias' he said. She thought it fit him after taking a quick look over of him.

It wasn't long after that, that they arrived at her house. The house it wasn't anything special, a average single family house with a porch to accompany it.

She made a move to open the door but her wrist was grabbed, "what's your name." The man made sure to ask. For some reason he want to know even the smallest bit about her.

"Honey."

_______

Elias watched the girl walk into her house before he drove off, making sure she was safe.

Safe from what, that he did not know.

Elias had taken several looks at the girl during the short car ride. Really made sure he got the full image of her imprinted in his brain. He had her nailed into his mind by her long ginger hair, her button nose, the natural pout of her lips, and the plumpness of her round cheeks.

Though it was clear to him that she wasn't a day past sixteen, her age had not necessarily bothered him. He found her attractive. If anything her age was the advantage. She was young, easier to manipulate, easier to break down and be built into who he wanted her to be.

Elias hadn't even known the girl for more than an hour but he was sure, they'd be seeing more of each other soon.

And if not by fate, then he'd find a way to see her.