Chapter 11: Ceremony

Start from the beginning

When he said dresses I thought he meant like 3 to 5, but this girl actually had a rack full of over 20 dresses for me to try on. We were almost identical sizes so only a few didn't fit but mostly it was about which one I liked most. Which was the real problem. 

"I mean they are all beautiful but they don't feel like me. I don't know why" I groaned from the bathroom as I took off yet another dress. 

"Oh my god I found it, I found it" She gasped as she opened the door, threw the dress inside and then closed it back up. 

And she was right, as soon as I put it on. I fell in love, with myself. That's how beautiful I felt in this dress. It was white and long and just extremely elegant. 

"this is it" I said as I stepped out so Cecilia could see. 

"Holy shit girl, you are gorgeous. Xavier is totally gonna want to mate" She said as she twirled me around. "Emma, where have you been hiding this body?" 

"So I don't look too fancy, right?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You are going to show them what a true Luna's beauty is in the most wonderful way possible. It's amazing" She said and I twirled around in front of the mirror. 

"Okay well you need to stop checking yourself out cause we need to leave soon. I need to do your makeup and hair still" She said and immediately got to it. 

Let's just say that when everything was done, I felt the most incredible I have had in years. I needed this confidence booster. 

While I was finishing fixing my dress and heels I heard a knock in the door. Before I could even answer, Xavier stepped in. 

 "You ready?" He asked me and immediately stopped when he saw me. 

"Fuck" He breathed in and slowly started walking towards me. Once he stopped in front of me, he wrapped his arm around my back and pressed me into his body. 

He was wearing a tuxedo which made him look ten times more attractive than he always did. 

"Holy shit, you can't wear that" He said and I pouted. 

"Do I look ugly? I thought it looked good on me" I said and tried to look at myself in the mirror but he pressed me against him with even more force. 

"Emma you look so fucking beautiful right now, I'm trying to stop myself from taking you in this very floor" When he said that my breath stopped and I looked at him.

"Fucking shit, don't look at me like that. Are you crazy? Do you want me to do some stupid shit again?" he cursed more to himself than to me. 

He stepped away from me and started walking around the room. Anyone would think he was mad but he was actually just horny. 

"You need to control yourself Alpha cause I like looking at you. And I want you to be able to look at me and act normal in front of the whole entire pack that is going to be there" I said as I grabbed his arm and turned him back around towards me.

I grabbed his arms and placed them around my lower back as they were before. Especially since I liked them there, it made me feel safe. 

"You're going to fucking kill me" He said taking deep breaths.

"If I kiss you are you going to lose control?" I asked jokingly and tried to get closer to him but he stepped away. 

"Don't you kiss me woman, I'm being a good mate" He said and started walking towards the door. 

"Oh come on kiss me Xavier" I joked running after him.

 "I said no woman" He yelled and started running even faster until I caught up with him when he was next to Carter. 

"You guys are right on time. We need to get this started right now" He said as he saw us approaching. He took a look at me and immediately placed his hand on Xavier's shoulder. 

"Oh I just know you're miserable, aren't you?" He laughed at Xavier who simply gave into the man hug. 

"Man you have no idea" What the hell is going with this two? 

A few seconds passed before Xavier stepped away, took another deep breaths and grabbed a hold of my hand, intertwining them. 

"Let's go. We can do this" We walked outside into the patio and everyone's eyes were on us. I felt like I was in my wedding, the white dress and his formal attire really set the whole mood. 

We kept walking until we reached this decorated pallet that was built from this occasion. 

"Wow, everybody is staring at us" I said to him softly. 

"They are staring at you" He growled when he saw a couple of teenage boys whistling. 

"I gather you all here today, because we have a new pack member and most importantly we have the one I have been waiting for, my mate" he said in the mic, that I don't know where he got it from, making a lot of people applaud "So if you guys keep whistling at her, you would have to face me " He said glaring directly at the boys that tried to hide behind a couple of elders.

I kicked Xavier in the leg but he just looked at me and smiled. "What did I do?" He asked me with an innocent look. 

"Anyway we have got to make it official" He said while Carter handed him knife.

Oh, I didn't want to actually do this part. 

"Do you know what you have to say?" He whispered to me.

"Yeah" Cecilia had made me memorize it. It was kind of the most important thing I have had to memorize in all of my 17 years of life, as she so put it. 

Xavier took the knife and cut a line in his hand and even though he drew blood, his face was emotionless. He dropped blood inside a a bowl.

"I'm sorry" He whispered before cleaning the knife and cutting my hand just like he had.

It stings but it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it will. I mean I know I'm a wolf but it's still a knife piercing through your skin. 

"Say it" He said while I let blood drop into the ceremony bowl.

"I, Emma Thompson, agree to be part of the Nightmoon Pack. I promise to take care of them, fight for them and provide for them as the role of Luna" I say and just after I said that the whole packs thoughts started to invade my mind.

Good think I knew how to control it, some people get overwhelmed by the thoughts and faint. I had already learned how to do it because of my old pack. 

I took a deep breath and cleared my mind, I got rid of the pack's thoughts and conversations until they were only Xavier's.

'I can't believe she's finally mine' He thought.

'Well believe it' I mindlinked him.

I watch him as he gave me a smile. His smile does things to me that I can't even explain.

I wish it will all be okay now that I'm Luna. But deep inside me, I know that there is still a lot to come.

"I can't lose you. Because if I ever did, I'd have to lose my best friend, my soul mate, my smile, my laugh, my everything."

                                                 - The vow