Chapter 21: Is It Bad Or Good?

Photo on the side: Emma's bikini

"Emma, come on. You've been in there forever" Xavier said as he knocked on the bathroom door. Whoever said that women are the dramatic clearly haven't seen this man when he wants to take a shower.

"I literally just got in Xavier, I'm putting on soap right now" I yelled back. Apparently being in the shower for less than 2 minutes equals forever. He's not even sweaty and he showered like 2 hours ago I don't even know what his hurry is. 

I showered as fast as I could before drying off and put on a jumpsuit before I opened the bathroom door. He hadn't moved from his spot since he first called out to me. 

"What is so important that you haven't moved from there?" I asked him annoyed at how good he looked just leaning against the door frame. I forget how tall he is sometimes. 

"We need to go" He said as he pointed to our suitcases that were leaning on the wall behind him. Damn, that was fast.

"Why? What happened?" I asked worried, why am I just finding out about this? 

"Well apparently our whole family on the run they went earlier forgot how to identify a poison ivy plants and they all ran directly through them. Which just means that they have a pretty nasty rash. We're going to get them back to the house" He explained and I had to stop myself from frowning. We've only been here for like half a day but I certainly was enjoying the feeling of a vacation. 

"I can see in your face you don't want to go, but I promise you we will come back soon when we can enjoy it without these complications" He said giving me a kiss on the forehead before leading me to where everyone was trying to scratch or moving up and down a tree to relieve the sting. 

Well this was just a better view than the landscape of the cabin. Carter was placing blankets and disinfecting the inside of the car so I'm pretty sure it was our turn to run back home. 

"Where are you going with those bags? And don't you even answer because the right response is nowhere" Cecilia said blocking our path to the cars with her disapproving gaze. 

We opened our mouths to object and immediately closed it once Cecilia gave us a warning look. "You guys deserve the rest. This is the first time we could finally coordinate how to leave the gammas and the guards in charge and we are not going to ruin it just because of a rash. You guys are healthy and in need of some pool and margaritas" She continued and that's when Carter walked over to us and took her mate's side.

 "I get it, but it's not fair to just hand our family over to you guys. It should be the other way around, she's pregnant she needs the relaxation." Xavier argued back. They're seriously debating about who needs a vacation more, I wish I had more arguments like this one before. 

"We're leaving and that's final. By the way Emma, sometimes when you fall asleep Xavier slips out and stays awake doing work. Fight about that. Bye" Carter giggled as he grabbed Cecilia and whistled everyone over to the car. 

It was almost record time as everyone said goodbye from far away and jumped into the car. Not even a minute had passed before they had driven away leaving us just standing there watching.

"Xavier..." I say as I follow him inside, he's already running from this conversation. He thinks I'm not going to win in about 3 sentences. Just wait.

"Don't start Emma, I don't have enough time in the day for everything I have to do. Plus, I know just how tired you get at nights so I try to spend most of my days with you. What's wrong with making sure my mate is taken care of" He flashes his beautiful smile as he walks over to me and places his hands on my hips, drawing me into him.