the curse (ginger snaps au) (wip)

Ah ha ha it's hyperfixations time
Also gore warning

~:~

Keith felt his heart pounding violently in his chest, gripping tightly on to Lance's sticky red arm. The other flopping like a rag doll as Keith stumbled through his door, knocking into one of the pictures of their wall. But he couldn't find himself caring as it fell down, his mind occupied by the fact that Lance, his best friend, was bleeding out in his arms.

"Shiro! SHIRO!"

There was no response.

Keith choked on a sob as he realized he wasn't home. Of all the times everyone had gone out for the night. Why did it have to be now?

His thoughts came to a halt as Lance gasped, sagging down further as Keith tried to tighten his grip. He had to get him to his room.

He practically dragged him down to the basement, where they kept his bed along with the guest one. Thankfully there was a bathroom down there as well, which stored a first aid kit.

As if some bandage was going to do anything.

He gently laid Lance on the bed, trying to ignore the pained gasps and panicked breathing. Now that they were in light, he could see just how awful he looked. Drenched in blood from head to toe. His jacket was torn and there was a bloody hole in his midsection. Every shallow breath he took, more blood would trickle out.

"I-I need to take off your jacket." Keith stated, shaky hands beginning to unzip and remove what was left of the clothing.

"N-no stop it hurts it hurts-"

"I need to see the wound!"

"It burns! It burns it burns it burns..."
Lance continued to sob, flinching away from the touch as the bloody cloth peeled from his wounds. Tears mixed with the blood, causing pink streaks to run down his face. Keith tried his best to ignore his friend's pained cries, and remove the second article of clothing.

Where he expected to find deep, bloodied claw marks ripping open the flesh, he saw tiny ribbons of skin beginning to pull back together. The deep gashes became shallow, no more deeper than an inch.

His body was... healing.

Lance's sobs died off, returning to heavy breathing as the panic began to wear off. Keith worried he was going into shock for a second before he saw Lance starting to run his fingers over the healing wounds. His breathing steadied and he pressed down on the closed skin, with no reaction.

"What- that's... how is that possible?" Keith, inspected the other wounds, noticing they had all healed up as well.

Something wasn't right.

"Huh..." Lance blinked slowly, beginning to sit up.

"Huh? That's it?"

"Well what else do you expect me to say?! It's not like I know what happened."

"It shouldn't have..."

Lance took a shaky breath. "I'm... listen I'm not going to complain, if the pain is gone, I'm glad." He made a disgusted face upon looking down. "Shit... that's so gross..."

"Why don't you take a shower? I-I'll clean up."

"Ok. Thanks." Lance stood up, staggering a bit as a wave of vertigo hit him. But he steadied himself quickly and headed to the small bathroom.

Keith let out a deep breath. His heartbeat had slowed down when he realized Lance was no longer in pain, but he couldn't stop the nagging feeling in his gut. Something was clearly off obviously. There was no way a person could heal their body that fast, it was physically impossible. Yet he saw it.

Something's wrong, the back of his brain said. Something bad happened to Lance.

Yeah no shit, he got attacked by some wild dog.

Unless...

It wasn't just some dog.

~:~

If yall are actually interested in this AU lemme know and I'll post the other drabbles of it I have 😗✌🏽️