꧁ F I V E ꧂

Mulai dari awal

"Personal space dingbat!" She growls. "And yes. It is a promise".

The amused boy watches as Nessa storms off, dragging Mads with her. He stares at her intensely for a moment before smirking, sniggering under his breath as he returns to his friend. There's something about Nessa that he sees now and maybe it's because he had to be involved with her intimately to fully see her which is a pretty douche move and he knows that but no longer does he look at her at see the nerdy prude with thick framed glasses and a ponytail. Now when he looks at Nessa he sees the girl he's known since he was a kid and she's fiery and smart. She's in control and self respecting. The Nessa he sees now intrigues him and Josh secretly enjoys getting reactions from her.

꧁꧂

Nessa steps up to the line with her target locked in sight. She can feel the competitive fire burning in her stomach as she grips onto the ball, grinding it in her hands while her eyes narrow and she puts the fear into her victim. Nick Austin, the second last surviving player on the opposite team. He gulps, beads of sweat racing down his pale face as he braces himself for impact. Nick would have to be stupid if he thought he was walking away from this lightly. He knew what he had coming to him.

With all the force she can muster, Nessa throws her arms behind her and then swings them forward with great speed. She lets the ball go at the right time and it zooms across the hall, hitting Nick in the leg. The sound makes everyone wince for him and as the ball drops to the floor with a small bounce, a red mark is left to remind Nick of what he faced today in gym class for the next 24 hours at least.

Nessa bites her lip, grimacing at the mark she just left for Nick. She feels bad about it but she can't help that she's a little bit competitive and uses sports as a way to channel her anger issues, can she.

"Sorry Nick!" She yells after him while he walks off the court- probably on his way to the nurses office. The injured boy waves back- most likely because he fears what she'd do to him if he didn't accept her apology.

Nessa gets ready to crush the last man standing but as she's getting congratulated by her team for her last shot, she feels a sharp pain in her stomach and she winces, earning a few concerned reactions from her teammates. Mads -who notices that her best friend is hurt from across the hall- rushes over, calling Nessa's name.

   "Miss I don't think she can play, she's hurt" the worried blonde says, her hand on Nessa's back as she struggles to catch a breath.

    There's a loud audible scoff from the opposite side of the court. Josh stands with his arms crossed and a bored blank expression on his face. The ball he was going to use to take Nessa and her winning streak down is tucked under his arm while he rolls his baby blue eyes. He isn't stupid, clearly Nessa is giving up but she's trying to keep her pride so she has to resort to faking an injury.

    "Look Bambi, if you were that scared of losing then you could have just told me and I'd have maybe taken it easy on you" he shrugs nonchalantly.

This comment bothers Nessa and she takes a deep breath before grabbing the ball from Sissy and marching up to the line- she wastes no time in getting ready to launch the ball and do permanent damage to Josh's pretty little smug face but as she's about to release the ball, Nessa feels her limbs go limp and her insides tingle almost as if they were numb.

  Josh feels the life being dragged from his body when he sees the light in Nessa's eyes flicker out. Without thinking, the boy runs the small distance and catches her before she hits the ground. Students gather around the scene, all of them confused and worried for the passed out girl. Mrs. Simmons races off to get the nurse and Josh lays with Nessa in his arms while he shakes her gently- hoping that she's going to be okay.

꧁꧂

____________________
ꕥ  A U T H O R S  ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

Helllo

Regular updates will be happening every 2 days so for reference, the next update is Saturday :)

I hope y'all are enjoying the storyyy so far
🤍