꧁ E I G H T ꧂

The obnoxious school bell rings, signaling the end of yet another school day . Nessa lazily gathers her sheets before putting them neatly into her folder and closing her notebook. She ignores as her classmates brush past her, all of them beyond eager to escape the torture chamber also known as Mr. Lynch's AP Calculus class where they've been cooped up for the past hour or so. The room empties; leaving Nessa alone. She puts her bag strap over her shoulder and makes her way out, paying little to no attention to her surroundings.

"Nessa!".

Looking back over her shoulder, Nessa smiles half heartedly at her best friend who is eagerly trying to catch up to the girl who doesn't stop.

"Hey! Can't stop sorry! Moms making me come straight home and she'll kill me if I'm late" the brunette half jokes, continuing to strut her way through the busy halls.

Mads furrows her brows but is determined to talk to Nessa about her current situation. She's been ignoring her for the past few days- ever since they went to the appointment together and it was confirmed that Nessa was indeed having a baby. She keeps using the excuse that she's "busy" as an attempt to avoid her best friend but Mads is her best friend for a reason and she knows when somethings wrong and she knows when Nessa is lying. Right now being one of those times.

"You're gonna have to talk to me about this eventually Ness" the defeated blonde yells to her best friend who's already half way up the stairs.

The brunette stops- surprising the blonde who stands at the bottom with her arm resting on the railing. Nessa turns back around before taking a quick glance around the staircase, seeing nobody else but her and Mads present. She sighs deeply before trudging back down the stairs and reaching Mads at the bottom with an annoyed glare. Nessa knows that she's right, she would have to talk to her eventually and it's not like she wasn't going to- time just isn't on Nessa's side right now and she has a lot going on that she neeeds to understand first before she can even put her thoughts into words.

"You're completely right" she sighs, moving one step above Mads. "And I wasn't trying to ice you out or ignore you because I didn't want to talk to you about it. I just didn't know what to say as I hadn't made any final decisions about what my plans are. I'm sorry".

It's hard for Mads to be upset with Nessa right now with all things considered so she simply shrugs, letting out a deep breath.

"It's okay, I understand. So I'm assuming you've made your decision?" The blonde questions, anticipating the answer.

Nodding her head slowly, Nessa tightens her grip on her bag strap as she rocks back and forth a little on her heels.

"You know my cousin Taylor right? The one that travelled around Croatia for four years and is basically super chill about absolutely everything?" Nessa asks, the name ringing a bell to the blonde beauty in front of her.

"The one your mom always says you should stay away from and is a horrible influence?".

"Yep that one! Well anyways she's calmed down a lot more now but is still super chill and she has a house and everything now but that's besides the point. I went over my options a bunch of times with her and she's agreed to take me to the abortion clinic right now so I can finally get back to being a normal seventeen year old". The brunette states, a sigh of relief slipping past her lips. It feels good to know that in a few hours her problem will have disappeared.