꧁ O N E ꧂

Folding her fresh, clean laundry, 17 year old Nessa Barrett hums show tunes contently as she enjoys her own company after a busy day of family bonding. Usually on Saturdays she and her family attend some ghastly barbecue hosted by one of her dads kiss ass employees who only host the damn things so they get on Mr. Barrett's good side but today is the last Saturday before the new school year and her parents insisted they spend it together.

Nessa adores her family of course but she's a rather private person who much rather prefers the company of either her best friend or herself more than anyone in the world-  unless we're counting animals because if so then her dog Cali definitely fits onto the list. Currently, it's 8:30 pm and after putting away her clean laundry, Nessa plans on getting her school things organized; that way she doesn't have to worry about it tomorrow.

  "Janessa! Mads is here!".

  Ness cringes at her mothers choice to use her full name that she so dreadfully hates. I mean, who names their kid Janessa? Oh yeah, her parents.

"Hello best friend who doesn't answer her phone or socials" Nessa's best friend- Mads, greets sarcastically. She lets herself into the 17 year olds bedroom, flopping down on the bed next to the clean pile of laundry.

The pretty blonde ignores the daggers that her bestie since the third grade is currently drawing her as a result of her messing up the pile of clothes Nessa just finished folding.

"What do you want Madison" Nessa mutters, a hint of annoyance in her tone. She could never properly be angry at Mads but she can however be momentarily pissed off with her.

Mads pulls out her phone from her back pocket, letting Nessa's question settle in the air for a minute or two before she smiles, tilting her head.

"We're going to a party, you're saying yes and I'm dressing you" she instructs firmly.

Nessa looks at her like she's gone into full crazy person mode. A party? On the Saturday before school? Is she insane?

"Absolutely not. I'm busy" she argues, putting the clothes away in their proper places.

Made scoffs at the pathetic excuse. Busy? The only time Nessa is ever properly busy is when she's stressing over tests or family stuff. Her version of busy is organizing her pencils by color.

"There's no way I'm letting us start our senior year by alphabetizing your textbooks now come to this party with me!" Mads yells, throwing a pillow at Nessa's head. It misses of course.

Pausing on the spot, Nessa thinks for a second. "You know, that's actually a pretty good idea".

Mads lights up like a light bulb. "The party?".

"No silly, the textbook alphabetizing".

Mads reaches for another pillow but instead of launching it at the brunette across from her she puts it over her own head, groaning into it. This is harder than she expected and she knew that Nessa wasn't going to agree easily.

"Okay you know what?" The blonde says, throwing the pillow behind her. "I'll just go to this party myself and get absolutely shit faced drunk and who knows? Maybe I'll hit a blunt or two" she shrugs, making her way towards the door.

Nessa gasps, panicking over her best friends words. There's no possible way she can allow Mads to do that to herself. Maybe if she just goes to the party for an hour or two but just to keep an eye on Mads and she doesn't even have to drink, she can definitely settle for water.

"Okay wait!" She calls, Mads halting at the top of the staircase. She wears a smug smile although Nessa can't see. "I'll come! But only for an hour and I'm not drinking".

Mads squeals, overjoyed by her besties sudden change of heart. She runs back- crashing into the shorter girl and they both stumble back, falling onto Nessa's bed; giggling like a pair of hyenas.

"Mads! I just made the bed". Nessa whines, earning a smack on the stomach from her friend.

Mads climbs off of the large double bed and stands with her hand extended, waiting for the brunette to take it. "Come on, lets make you look even more hot".

For someone who doesn't go out a lot to any sort of social event unless it's for her parents work or gatherings with the extended family, Nessa sure does have a large closet- so large that it's actually a walk in with professional lights and a huge long full-body mirror that Mads takes full advantage of when she's here.

Her parents aren't rich but they're very comfortable and Nessa enjoys collecting expensive backpacks, accessories, and jewelry. She grew out of collecting club penguin collectible cards when she was 12 years old. Her little brother now has the whole set.

Mads makes her way around the room, corner to corner. She never got used to her best friend having the closet of her dreams but she's okay with it because half of the stuff in here, Nessa doesn't ever wear which means Mads can help herself to whatever she wants whenever she wants. So technically speaking, this closet? Is both of theirs.

"So what are we thinking? Casual comfy with accents of sexy or full on hot mama?" Mads asks as she lets her hand graze the beautifully hung clothes Nessa spent hours organizing just last week. She gets her high from organizing. It's her not so secret passion.

Nessa gives her friend the look and it puts out any hopeful flame that Mads had flickering in her head. She knew Nessa wouldn't have went with the second option but part of her hoped she would. Just this once.

Getting to work, Mads rummages through Nessa's section of clothes that she labeled "PARTY" with a determined look on her face. She has a way with clothes that Nessa always admired and was thankful for. She has all these expensive- nice clothes and no idea how to dress with them. That's why Mad's is her own personal fairy god mother.

"Okay here's what we're going to do" Mads says, taking a white boxy crop top off of a hanger. She puts the article of clothing onto the mannequin before walking over to the denim section, taking out a high waist- micro denim skirt and also putting it on the mannequin.

Nessa observes the outfit her friend has chosen for her. She likes it and it's not too sexy. It's okay to feel good about yourself and wear different clothes than you'd normally wear but you also need to feel comfortable while doing it.

"Good job best friend" she high fives the proud blonde.

Mads goes to the shoe section, taking out her favorite pair of thigh high boots that Nessa owns. She then opens up the drawer that hold all of the belts Nessa has and takes out a simple Gucci one she's had for a few year's now.

"I'm a genius" she mutters to herself, putting the whole outfit together on the mannequin before sitting beside her best friend on the velvet crush bench.

The two stare at the simple yet dressy outfit in amusement.

"Let's go to a party" Nessa smiles, nudging mads.

The brunette takes the clothes and leaves the room, Mads still inside. Laying down and breathing out, Mads looks up at the ceiling, content. This is her happy place.

꧁꧂

____________________
A U T H O R S
~ n o t e ~
________________

Hello! I hope y'all enjoyed that first chapter. Please leave a comment and vote 🤍

&

I don't have a updating schedule yet but it'll probably be every two days but I'll let you know when I decide for sure.

Thank you <3