꧁ F O U R ꧂

"Nessa mom wants to know if you- why do you look like you're dying?".

Pulling her comforter over her head as soon as she hears her little brother Julians voice, Nessa groans loudly- her head pounding and eyes stinging from the sneaky sunlight that managed to peak through the small slits in her curtains.

  "It also smells like death" he adds, pinching his nose with a disgusted expression on his tanned face.

"Gooooo awayyyyy jULIAN" the hungover 17 year old yells, her voice muffled from under the sheets.

Footsteps climb up the stairs behind the 10 year old. He shifts out of the way, making room for his big sisters best friend.

"How did you know it was me?" She asks Julian, clutching a brown starbucks bag and holding a tray of drinks in her hand.

Julian looks up at Mads with his large brown eyes, he rolls them slowly. "You're here like every day. I've gotten to know your footstep pattern and stuff" he shrugs, taking a seat at the foot of Nessa's messy bed.

Mads dismisses julians bizarre method of madness and instead focuses on her best friend who is currently having major regrets.

"Ness come on! I brought you two croissants and an iced matcha latte" the blonde smiles, flopping down onto the bed.

"What'd ya get me?" Julian asks, smiling.

Mads returns the smile, opening up the bag and taking out a rocky road brownie she buys just for the brown eyed boy. "Take one of the hot chocolates too" she tells him before he makes his way back into his own bedroom, closing the door behind him.

The silence in Nessa's bedroom comes to a halt when Mads slides off of the sheets and walks across the room- attempting to open the curtains.

"I will kill you if you even dare" Nessa's muffled voice threatens. She knows the dirty tactics that her best friend of many years uses by now.

Mads retracts her hand from the dark purple fabric immediately, holding her hand up in mock surrender as she fears for her life.

Nessa pulls back the comforter unwillingly and slowly opens her heavy eyes. She sits up too fast- regretting that decision when a sharp pain shoots through her head. This is what she gets for having no self control.

Sympathetically, Mads smiles at the brunette who's struggling to rise from the dead. She knew Nessa wouldn't be in any fit state to be alive today and she doesn't envy her at all. Maybe now she'll learn to not let her jealousy bring out the worst in her.

"I hate myself" the hungover girl whines, feeling rather sorry for herself.

Mads has to stifle a laugh in fear that if she doesn't, Nessa wouldn't be happy that she's laughing at her pain like it were entertaining .But it is pretty amusing, there is no denying that.

"That's what you get for switching from kombucha to fucking vodka" Mads says matter of factly.

Groaning, Nessa holds her head in her hands. How could she have been so stupid? All because she wanted to get back at Chase who probably didn't even see her with Josh or even care in the first place. Idiot.

"Mads I need to tell you something".

Taking a long sip from her hot chocolate, Mads smiles cheekily. "Oh I already know that you slept with Josh Richards".

Nessa's face drops dramatically, her mouth wide open and eyes lifeless. How in the holy hell does she know?

Mads can clearly read the confusion in her friends face so she decides to clear up a few things for the bewildered girl.

"After you and he had your little fun, you both fell asleep but then Chase started fighting with Anthony and Kio because he was looking for Josh but they never told him where he was. Anyways, Jaden and I found you and Josh in one of the guest rooms- Jaden woke up Josh and I stayed with you while they went and sorted things out. The boys came back and said Chase had gone to get his boys and that they were going to be back soon so Josh carried you out to Jadens car and Jaden drove us here so that we wouldn't be there when shit went down. Jaden and I then put you to bed and the rest is history".

Nessa takes a minute to process everything. She recalls waking up a few times throughout the whole car journey but she assumed that it was Mads and Jaden just taking her home after she had a few too many and she assumed that Josh had left her alone after he got his action for the night but knowing now that he was removing her from a potentially dangerous situation makes her sorry for every bad name she's managed to call him in the last few hours.

"That's actually kinda sweet" she smiles, hugging her knees.

Mads grins back. "Yeah,'it is" she confirms.

ꕤ ꕤ ꕤ

Stepping out from the shower, Nessa runs a hand through her wet messy hair. She rinses out any left over water before walking over to her sink and drawing a smiley face on the condensation filled mirror. She feels much better after washing away the events of last night. Her parents weren't happy with her but they let her off lightly because it was the first time she's ever come home in such a state.

Mads left about an hour ago. The two of them had spent the full day eating sugary snacks, drinking coffee and watching romcoms from the 2000's. The perfect way to spend the last day before school starts back.

Nessa hasn't given it much thought before but she can't believe that this is her final year at high school. Her senior year. Probably the most important year of her life. She's already had scholarships thrown at her from various state collages because of her academic ability but that's not really the point. Although she isn't a pop, she does have a group of friends that she really likes and will miss severely. It took her a few years but she realized that you can have your cake and eat it at the same time. She can still have a life and be an honour roll student.

After getting changed into clean pyjamas, Nessa brushes her blow dried hair and gets into bed. She forced Mads to help her chose an outfit for tomorrow and with Mads being the clothes obsessed girl that she is, agreed of course.

Nessa turns on her skylite and lays on her back, watching the stars swim around her ceiling. She feels very content in this moment. Slowly but surely, her eyes start to close and she drifts off into a deep sleep, dreaming about her senior year.

____________________
ꕥ  A U T H O R S  ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

I'm wrapping my other book up
tomorrow so I'll have more time to update
/ write chapters for this book.

I've decided that after chapter 6
the posting schedule will be every 2 days

Hopefully I stick to it
& it makes things easier for me :)

please feel free to leave a comment
&
vote 🤍