Chapter 6

Simon's P.O.V

Niall is adjusting really well. Perhaps too well. It's not like i want his time under my care to be difficult, it's just that there is no way on earth that he should be as alright with this as he is putting across. I mean, how would you feel if one day you woke up in a strange room and you had no idea where you were? You would probably be panicking and trying to find the best way to escape. That thought doesn't seem to have ever crossed Niall's mind.

Anyway, imagine making matters worse by discovering that your uncle was behind it all. Plus, not only had he effectively kidnapped you, he also wanted you to be his baby. He wanted to be your daddy. I doubt anyone would be calm when dealing with this particular situation. I know i sure as hell wouldn't be.

Part of me wants Niall to carry on adjusting the way he is because it allows me to make sure he is safe and looked after. However, the other part of me wants him to resist because then i know that there might be a chance for him to get back to normal. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens today.

~

Right now it's 9.00 am and just about time to wake Niall up. Walking into Niall's nursery, I see that he is still fast asleep lying on his stomach with his head facing me. He also has a dummy bobbing in his mouth. I don't think for one minute that if he was awake he would be happy sucking on a dummy, but for now that's ok.

I slowly walk over to the cot, I hate myself for ruining such a perfect sight but it had to be done, I woke him from his sleep by gently rubbing his back whilst softly whispering his name. Slowly he woke up and I thought I had got away with it and he was't going to be upset. Boy I thought wrong.

He brought his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands. It seemed that the more awake he got the grumpier he got. By the time that he was fully awake he was scowling up a me with creased eyebrows and a pout on his face.

When I tried to reach for him to pick him up, he just moved further away from me and made a petty attempt at hitting my hands away. It seems like it's going to be a long day.

"Niall. I appreciate that you might be tired and a little upset with me but I want you to see the good side to this. You get to just relax and have a little fun for once without worrying about anybody else. You get cuddles on demand; everyone loves cuddles!" Once I said that he started to smile without noticing he was doing it.

I carried on talking, "You get to experience all the good things in life without worrying about money, being on time or having responsibility for anything! You can even have nandos occasionally!" He scowled at me a little for that but still smiled.

"Should we just have a relaxing day together today? I think we need some daddy and baby bonding time" I teased him a little and tickled his side whilst he was still in my arms because I doubt he will be for very long.

____________________________________________________________________

Niall's P.O.V

I was having a really nice dream about my new life with Simon. I thought of all the possibilities that came along with it. But then my restful sleep was rudely interrupted by someone nudging me with the intent of waking me up. To say I was frustrated with whoever it was would be an understatement. This is why when I eventually looked up at them I didn't have a particularly pleasant look on my face. My dream was just getting good. I pouted a little at Simon.

He then went on to tell me about the good parts of my new life and, paired with my dream, it made me really consider the life. I think I want to give it a proper go to see how it turns out. I have a good feeling about it.