Chapter 2

3rd persons P.O.V

It had been five days since the meeting. Over at Simons house everything was going perfect. He had kitted out one of his spare rooms with an adult sized cot, changing table, play mat, hundreds of toys and stuffed animals. The list is endless. He had bought so much for his new baby that there wasn't a room that didn't contain at least one baby item.

However over at the boys house it was a completely different story. They had tried to do what Simon asked of them but it was easier said than done.

Every time the boys tried to help him in any way he would throw a fit. Niall couldn't understand why the boys were paying so much attention to him all of a sudden. And cutting up his meals? Was that really necessary? He's a grown man, he's capable if doing all of these things for himself.

Simon had heard about these problems and he wasn't happy. He had hoped that Niall would go along with it a little bit easier. What was he thinking? Niall had his own mind. He clearly wouldn't be happy with the boys interfering with his life.

Simons P.O.V

I thought I would have a week to prepare for the new arrival so I haven't got everything just yet. But it looks like I'm going to have to pick him up a couple of days early.

With all of the tantrums he's been having the boys are now really stressed. I don't think that they could cope for a couple more days. So here we go.

I quickly grabbed some pants and a shirt and quickly threw them on. After that I just shoved some socks and shoes on and grabbed my jacket from the cupboard.

Once all that was done I got into my car and got ready to set off. There's a car seat in the back. It's one of the ones made for newborns only bigger. (Backwards facing)

20 minutes later

I have arrived at the boys house and I can already tell this is going to be stressful. I can hear Niall screaming inside but I can't quite tell what about.

I don't bother with knocking because it's like my second home and I'm guessing that they wouldn't hear me anyway.

When I walk into the hallway I can hear that the shouting is coming from the kitchen. I make my way into the kitchen after I have taken my shoes off. the sight I am met with is really quite shocking.

Niall seems to have been throwing one of his famous tantrums. He was sat in the floor with a pout on his face which actually made him look cute but that's something I wouldn't say out loud. The whole scene was actual quite amusing as the boys had clearly tried to help him with his dinner; like I had asked of them. However, in trying to do so they had upset Niall. This meant he had thrown a tantrum and had gotten his food all over the kitchen floor and the dining room. The boys also had some on them because they were sat so close to him. It didn't help that the food was pasta with a bright orange sauce. That was going to stain. It took all I had to keep from breaking into a fit of laughter.

Anyway, as soon as my presence was noticed everyone turned to me with wide eyes. The boys mainly looked relieved that I had come but Niall looked shocked and he had tears in his eyes. Once everyone got over their shock most of them relaxed but Niall seemed to get worse. He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs. He then hid his face in his knees and started sobbing openly. His cries made my chest tight and seeing him like this just broke my heart.

I slowly approached him so that I didn't startle him. When I reached him I crouched down and slowly reached out my hand to comb through his hair. I spoke quiet reassurances to him.

"Shhh... Calm down, it's okay..."

After a few moments he started to calm down enough for me to get closer to him. I sank down to the floor and sat directly in front of him. I knew not to overwhelm him so I gave him the space he needed. I also made sure that I was holding his hand so that he knew I was there if he needed me.

It only took a few moments for him to start edging towards me. He finally ended up cuddled into my chest with his head buried in my neck; we sat like that for at least 15 minutes. By then he was almost asleep; his eyes were fluttering and you could tell that that was taking all his effort.

Because I was sat on the floor I couldn't get up with Niall still leaning against me, so Liam had to come over and pick Niall up. Whilst he held Niall I stood up and shoved me shoes and coat back on and then grabbed my car keys. I then walked over to Liam and gently brought Niall into my arms and cradled him against my chest.

I walked to the car with him in my arms and opened the back door so that I could place him into the car seat. Once I was certain he was safe, I took a step back and just admired how cute he looked. When I was finally able to stop staring at him I stepped back and shut the car door. I glanced over to the boys and waved shouting "Thanks for looking after him!"

I then got into the drivers seat, glanced back at my new baby and then headed home. Life was going to be different from now on. Very different