Chapter 3

Simon's P.O.V

Once I got home I walked to the back of the car and gently lifted Niall from his car seat. I held him on my hip and he nuzzled into my neck in his sleep. I finally allowed myself a small smile as I doubt I will be able to do much of that tomorrow. So why not make the most of it tonight?

I walked up to the door and fumbled around in my pocket searching for my keys. All whilst trying to balance Niall on one arm and also trying not to wake him. It took quite a bit of effort but I did it eventually.

Once we were safely inside the house I started to make my way to Niall's new nursery. I didn't bother taking off my jacket or shoes because that would mean placing Niall down, moving around making noise and then picking him up again. That would probably wake him up and I don't think he would let me change him whilst he was awake.

I slowly made my way to Niall's new nursery with him still cradled in my arms. When I reached the nursery I turned to push the door open with my back so that I didn't wake him. Once inside I wandered over to the changing table and gently laid him on his back.

I leant down and opened one of the bottom drawers in the changing table. From it, I grabbed a nappy and a onesie. The onesie I chose was blue with grey stripes and grey in the ankles and wrists. (the one on the side)

When I stood back up Niall was fidgeting slightly; his eyebrows pulled together in a small frown. I reached into one of the small top drawers in the table and grabbed a blue and white dummy that was stashed there. I put it to my own lips to wet it. I then guided the rubber over Niall's lower lip. This encouraged him to part his lips. He eventually opened them and welcomed the comfort item happily.He started to gently suck and eventually his frown faded and was replaced with a face of content.

Happy he wasn't going to wake up, I returned to changing him. I eased his clothes off of him and dropped them into a pile next to me; I will take them downstairs afterwards. I taped the nappy to his waist and lifted him gently to lay him on the onesie. I then placed his arms in the correct holes and zipped it up to his chin. I also placed some light blue socks on his small feet.

Deciding he was ready for bed I picked him up; being cautious not to jostle him about to much. I walked over to the cot; pulled back the sheets and laid him down on the mattress. It was quite hot in his room so I only pulled the covers up enough to cover about half of his stomach. I leant down and ran a hand through his hair. I then pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and let it longer for a few seconds.

I stood back up straight; pulled the side of the cot up until it clicked and then whispered a few words to him.

"This is for the best Ni and in time you will see that. But in the mean time please don't go to hard on you're old man. And know this, I will always love you. I love you baby boy."

I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow or the day after that. But I know one thing. I will never leave my baby on his own