Good Godric That Was Hot

You sat in your seat, waiting for Professor Mcgonagall to arrive and begin her lesson for the day

The seat next to you was empty; Julie was late... again. You pulled out your parchment and quill, setting them on the desk next to your wand. To pass the time, you began doodling along the edges of the sheet.

Finally, the seat next to you was filled. You turned to tease Julie for her time management again, but to your surprise it wasn't your best friend in the seat.

"Oh hi, I thought you were somebody else" you quietly said. In her place sat Cedric Diggory. His silver eyes locked with yours. A stupid hopeful grin sat plastered on his face.

"That someone?" he questioned, pointing to Julie happily sitting in the seat besides Wayne Bostock a few rows over.

You pursed your lips nodding slightly. "That would be the one," you confirmed, looking back to him.

"I guess you're stuck with me" he quietly laughed.

You blushed, and smiled at him. "I could think of worse things". His cheeks immediately flared up with the same heat and color yours did.

Laughing to yourself, you turned to the front of the class as McGonagall began lecturing.

You could feel his gaze linger on you before he too turned to the front of the room.

***

Julie continued to sit next to Wayne the next few weeks of class, which meant Cedric continued to sit by your side.

You didn't protest, and happily began to get to know the charming boy.

In time, the two of you began to enjoy the other's company. You even considered each other friends.

He was super easy to talk to and even though you'd only ever interacted with him during class, you were comfortable around him.

When the two of you talked, there was always uncontrollable laughing, smiling, and even relentless flirting. You weren't trying to be forward with each other, it just seemed that there was always a mutual unspoken attraction between you both.

One particularly chilly October day, Cedric took his seat next to you, his smile much wider than normal. You had a feeling it was to do with the upcoming Triwizard Tournament, and the official window to enter having just being opened.

You turned to face him, "Someone looks happy". He had excitement radiating off of him, and it was contagious.

His smile only grew bigger and he looked to you, his eyes glancing up and down at your seated figure. "Well there's a lot to be happy about."

You let out a laugh trying to hide the small rush of red to your cheeks. "This wouldn't have anything to do with the Tournament opening up would it?" Raising your eyebrow at him, you gave him a slight nudge; that's exactly what this about.