Hufflepuff Commonroom

You waited patiently on the old couch near the fireplace in your house's common room, attempting to gain some heat during this winter

You waited patiently on the old couch near the fireplace in your house's common room, attempting to gain some heat during this winter. Constantly checking your watch, waiting for the time to read 11:40. Your fingers fiddled and your heart raced. "Was he going to show up?" you thought. Just as you were about to get up and make your way to the Great Hall, you heard footsteps rushing up the stairs into the corridor.

"Sorry, sorry I'm a little late I know", Cedric said completely out of breath. "Snape needed a prefect and I was the closest one on duty", he trailed off. He walked closer to you and your heartbeat rose. He grabbed your hands and looked into your eyes, "I'm so sorry, it won't happen again".

You chuckled as he led you to the couch. He sat down first and patted the space next to him. You smiled and made your way over, laying your head on his lap, letting out a yawn.

"Bollocks, it barely midnight and I'm already yawning" you said rubbing your eyes. Cedric was running his hands through your hair as you slowed your breathing. You enjoyed spending time together late at night in the common room since boys weren't allowed in the girl's corridor and vice versa; you both took what time together you could get. You always wanted to spend the night with him, but Cedric really respected his job as a prefect and didn't want to set a bad example by breaking rules.

"It's my fault for being late. I'll walk you to your room" said Cedric as he propped your head up. You reached for his face cupping his cheek. "Just a little longer, please Ced? I haven't been able to get warm until now." He laughed, rubbing your legs. He took off his big yellow quidditch jumper and handed it to you. You smiled and stuck your arms in it, embracing the scent of your boyfriend that it held.

Roughly an hour had passed and you were beginning to see Cedric fall asleep. "Ced you're falling asleep, we should probably go" the moonlight creeped through the window and reflected off of his face. "I want to stay with you Y/N, you're the one keeping me warm now." He paused, opening one eye to look as his lovely girlfriend, admiring the way his yellow jumper made her beautiful Y/E/C eyes pop. "He picked her up and carried her toward the stairs, but these stairs didn't lead towards the girl dorms, the led to the males.

"Ced where are you going?" you asked hugging him as he carried you upstairs. You played with the base of his neck and the hair which accompanied it.

"To bed" he said casually, still carrying you up the flight of stairs.

"I don't want you to get in trouble... you and I both know the rules I can't go on this side of the corridor. You'll get in trouble" you murmured.

"Well I realized, who's going to tell on us? I mean... how are we going to get in trouble when I'M the prefect?" he laughed.