Quidditch? Sounds Dumb.

You had your friends, and you kept them close

You had your friends, and you kept them close. Making friends was easy for you back home at Ilvermorny but at Hogwarts you found it somewhat difficult. When you had transferred to Hogwarts, you were placed into "Hufflepuff", the name was quite ridiculous in your opinion. At Ilvermorny, you were a Thunderbird, known for their fierceness and warrior hearts, so when their sorting hat placed you into the "loyal and fair" house you were quite upset.

It took time for you to adjust to the antics that echoed through the halls of the school. The student body always seemed to be on overdrive, which the curious part of you enjoyed... that was until you went into total sensory overload about 2 weeks after transferring. You occasionally visited Madame Pomfrey for a calming draught or sleeping potion.

You were on your way to the hospital wing to pick up a potion for a significantly dreadful migraine. Keeping your eyes on the ground to avoid the light, you opened the door and sat in the waiting area to be approached by Madame Pomfrey. The pounding in your head grew so you pushed on your temples trying to find any form of relief.

"Don't squeeze you head, squeeze the muscle between your thumb and pointer finger. It'll take the the throbbing away quite quick" said the voice of a boy next to you.

Keeping your head down, you did as he suggested. The throbbing dulled significantly and you were shocked. You sat up to see the face of the boy who had helped you.

"Thanks. How did you know--Oh Shit!" you uttered as you saw the state in which the boy was in. He sat there, clad in muddy yellow robes, his hair was wetly clad to his forehead, but worst of all his arm was completely bent out of shape as it was most likely broken.

He laughed at your reaction. "Just a bit of a quidditch accident from out on the pitch today. The rain was so heavy I could barely see what was in front of me. Was that an American accent I caught just then?", he questioned.

You made eye contact with him and just looked at him thoroughly confused. "Quidditch? Sounds dumb." Your comment seemed to stun him. Your head turned towards the sound of Madame Pomfrey making her way over towards the two of you.

"Ah yes, Miss Y/L/N I figured that fowl mouth belonged to you" she chuckled, "Mr. Diggory go ahead and follow me." The boy you now knew as "Mr. Diggory" stood up and followed the healer. He turned to look at you, curiosity plastered on his face. They both disappeared behind a white curtain. A few minutes later Madame Pomfrey returned with your potion and handed it off to you with a smile. You thanked her and left the wing, the strange boy still on your mind.

***

You were sitting in a far corner of the Hufflepuff common room trying to fight exhaustion as you attempted to finish studying for your potions exam tomorrow. A yawn escaped your lips as your eyelids grew heavy. Suddenly, a voice rang through the common room saying, "curfew was 45 minutes ago, you should probably make your way to your dormitory".