Chapter One (1)

"We are losing her!"

Yelling.

"We can't do anything!"

No.

"We tried everything we could."

Please no.

"I'm sorry."

Why.

"There was too much internal damage and bleeding to the brain, and major body functions started shutting down."

Please.

Waking up with a gasp and sweat coating my body, I kick the blankets off of me. I throw my legs over the side of the bed and put my head in my hands. I was trying to control my breathing, but it wasn't working so well.

Looking around the room, I remember that I was in a hotel room and not my actual one. The alarm clock on my bed's side showed that it was earlier than I hoped it was.

Standing up after rubbing my face and eyes, I make my way over to the bathroom to take a cold shower. On the way, I started peeling off my sticky nightwear, trying not to crash into anything around the room.

With the cold water droplets pouring down, I step in, relishing that the sweat was leaving my body. As the water soaks my hair and face, I close my eyes, and my mind starts dulling into fogginess. It was calm for a moment before more images flash in front of my eyes like a movie replaying.

It doesn't stop.

It won't stop.

It never does.

I re-open my eyes and start cleaning my body and hair before sighing and stepping out. Wrapping a fluffy towel around my body, I walk out of the tile room and to the dresser. Picking out an outfit to wear, I get dressed and run my fingers through my dark wet hair. I then move my hair behind my pointed ears and put my mother's gem necklace around my neck.

Walking over to the kitchen that is connected to the room, I yawn and stretch my limbs. I start heating up the water for my morning tea to relax me before I lean back against the counter and sigh.

My father, Christopher Pike, was in the hotel room next to mine, probably getting better sleep than I did. We are in Iowa with all the new Starfleet cadets before traveling back to San Franciso, where the academy is.

My two brothers were off doing their own thing since they became 18. Cyrus who is the oldest became an astrophysicist. He's traveling to different planet's and learning about every new star he comes across. Arlo who is the second oldest who went on and became a botanist. He loves learning about new and different plants, mainly flowers.

They used to help me with my nightmares but since they weren't here with me they couldn't help. I have my dad but I hate to bother him, definitely since he is going to be in meetings after meetings today.

The dream - well more nightmare was starting to replay in my head again. Every morning the same thing happens. Wake up in a sweat earlier than I want to, take an ice-cold shower, and then tea to try - but doesn't work- to calm and relax me.

I started to hear a high pitched whistle next to me and notice it was the water. I don't use replicators if I don't have too, they can never get my tea right. After fixing my tea and heading over to the big window, I open the blinds and sit on a chair.

Looking out at the sky was relaxing, the sun was starting to come up. Sipping my tea, I lean back and bring my legs up on the chair against my chest. Now I never want to leave this moment, it's so peaceful.