"Who's the Daddy?" I asked curiously.

"I think it's Marcus, the one that dropped out last year," Shana explained.

From what I was aware of, not much was going on for him. He dropped out with thoughts of getting a job, but he just hung around, not doing much with his time.

"Oh, damn."

"But, she's been hanging around with other dudes, so I honestly don't know."

The bell rang, cutting off our conversation, not surprised to see people instantly flashing out of the room. I just got up collecting my things and walked to the front. Not forgetting to turn in my completed assignment, Garrison giving me a smile.

Of the few permanent subs we had, Garrison was everyone's favorite. He was cool, easy-going, and didn't force us when it came to getting our work done. He was sociable and even joined in on some of our conversations if he felt appropriate to do so. He was unlike the others, who felt it was their duty to take over as the teacher with strictness.

Seeing that he was so personable, I always made sure to be kind and hand in my assignments when he was subbing.

"Have a nice day." I smiled.

"You too, Janae." I heard as I walked out the door joining the masses that were filling up the hallway to go to their next class.

I had a free period, so I made my way to the library, where I usually spent it. Not many people went to the library, so it was a place for me to have quiet time and do homework.

Once I walked through the double doors, it was quick for me to find a free table where I pulled out my book for my science project, opening it to the bookmarked page.

"Hey!" My eyes looked to the entrance to see who was calling out for me. At first, I only saw Will but then, Raquel and Kaylen appeared from behind her, as well as Nicki, a girl who lived across the street from me and completed my friend group.

"Hey," a happy smile beamed on my face at the sight of them and I moved my backpack off of the seat next to me as they joined me at the table.

All of us instantly got to talking and joking around, making me forget what I was supposed to be doing.

"Shut up." I laughed, pushing Kaylen's shoulder, her dimple denting deeply into her caramel toned skin as she chuckled, laying her head on the table.

"Hey! Break that up over there!" The librarian spoke from her desk, making all of us look to one another as she glared at us, inspecting the situation before her, her eyes settling on Will. "Now, I know you're not supposed to be in here, Willemina."

Will instantly groaned at the mention of her government name. "Fine," she rose from her seat, snatching her backpack from the ground. "Bye, Nae."

"Bye." I smiled.

"I know y'all aren't staying here too. Let's go." Will said, looking to the girls, and I just chuckled as they got up getting their things together.

"Bye, see you later," Rocky spoke.

"Bye, go to class," I told them.

"I'm already late." Will defended.

"Will if you don't-"

"Stop! Nobody's about to listen to you." She cut me off with a smile, letting me know she was simply joking.

"I'm out," Kaylen announced, starting to walk to the exit.

"Wait! Kay! Can you still do the nurse's signature?" Nicki asked, rushing after her.

"Y'all stop runnin'." Raquel sighed. "But if you for real about that signature, let me know."