Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Me neither." I said along with the boys. We all laughed. We listened to Kyle get up and then Emma squealed.

"Kyle!" She shrieked.

"Did you just kiss her?" I asked.

"Duh, she's not graduating without ever kissing a guy."

"I've kissed a guy on the cheek."

"That doesn't count." Kyle said.

"Can I kiss you back?" Kyle didn't answer. Nick and I listened to Emma get up and we didn't hear anything until one of them moaned.

"Oh gosh, get a room." Nick yelped. I giggled. "Ie-ie-ie-ie-ie!" We all laughed.

"Come here, lover boy." I said.

"Woo-who!" Nick cried. Everyone laughed again. I rolled on top of him and lowered myself gently towards his lips. We kissed softly and slowly, enjoying and savoring every second of this moment together. This moment that we would hope to never forget for the rest of our lives.

"I love you, Nick," he didn't frown but he didn't smile either. It's been three weeks since the coma and I still didn't remember full events or facts. Nick loves me more than I loved him. I know he knows. He knows I know he knows.

He grabbed my hand and twisted his ring on my finger. He smiled and my heart melted.

"I am the happiest man right now."

"No, I am." Kyle interrupted. "Mormon girls, who knew, are killer kissers." Emma giggled and Kyle and her went back to kissing. Nick and I chuckled under our breaths. I looked down at him and moved some of his unruly hair out of his face, pushing it back and lingering there. I leaned down again and kissed him. He closed his eyes and kissed back.

"I love you, too, Stacy."

We were outside till one in the morning. That night, I gained my memory back.

I was helping my mom put the dishes away after my friends left when I got a text from Nick.

"I'm pulling an all nighter. Feel free to sneak out and come over."

"I just might."

"I'll see you later then."

I didn't text him back but held the phone close to my chest. As I held the device close to my heart, I wondered what Nick's and my relationship used to be like. How much I want to know if we acted differently towards one another before the accident. Were we in a good spot or a bad one? We're in a good spot now. I mean, we're in a great spot right now.

I looked at my phone as an idea came to mind. Emma has once again inspired me.

I clicked on Nick's name in the texting app and scrolled up our conversations. I went all the way back to February 7, 2020; 11:58 p.m.

"I hope you made it home safely, I'm worried."

"Wrong number."

"Oh, sorry, is this not Jane?"

"Nope, you her boyfriend?"