Chapter 11

(F/N's POV)

Under the sun, no shadows will fall! Piercing our eyes as we charge! An armored battalion on course to the east! Closing the end of its march! As Panzer Battalion blasts loudly outside our heavily modified Abrams tank, I turn around to see nine mo...

Under the sun, no shadows will fall! Piercing our eyes as we charge! An armored battalion on course to the east! Closing the end of its march! As Panzer Battalion blasts loudly outside our heavily modified Abrams tank, I turn around to see nine modified Abrams being followed by six M2A2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles. We're cruising through the desert at a whooping thirty-five miles per hour, clouds of dust begin to accumulate behind our vehicles, making it look like a Desert Storm. Bad puns aside, I climb down the hatch to look into my thermal optics, so far there is nothing in sight. Suddenly, we hear a helicopter approaching our vehicle, so I peek out of the hatch, then out of nowhere, a wild AH-64 Apache attack helicopter flies over us before ascending into the skies. 

Me: Wooo... There goes Zeus-1. *Looks at my watch* 13:23 (1:23 PM)... Okay... We've been driving in the desert for almost four and a half hours. *To Tyson* Ty, how much fuel do we have left?

Tyson: Three quarters in both fuel tanks!

Me: Roger that!

Unexpectedly, our radio starts speaking and the transmission is from Zeus-1.

Zeus-1 (Radio): Zeus-1 to Iron Company! Contacts to the west! I identify twenty main battle tanks, ten T-72B's and ten Leopard 2A4's, along with fifteen troop carriers! How copy?

Me: *Speaks into radio* Loud and clear!

Zeus-1 (Radio): I'll provide additional air support.

Me: *Speaks into radio* Roger that! *Radios to my company* Listen up, guys! Our Apache has spotted the enemy! We're outnumbered but remember... We're going to kick some fucking ass! Ready your weapons!

Iron Company (Radio): Roger that!

I climb down the hatch, close and lock the hatch, then look into my green thermal optics. Our vehicle crests over a hill and I see the large enemy convoy. Yet again, I grab the radio before ordering the nine Freebrams to load APFSDS and pick a target. I choose the leading Leopard tank, then I give the command...

Me: OPEN FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Rush: ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My gunner pulls the trigger and the 120mm smoothbore cannon fires its projectile at the leading tank.