╳ Request Pref. 4 ≫ Reacting to you self harming

Start from the beginning

You didn't want to come clean, but you didn't know what to say.

Henry was the first one to break the silence.

"Y/n fucking talk to me. Did I do something to hurt you? Did your dad do something?" His voice raised every time a new question popped up, he knew your home life wasn't the best. It took hours to make him realize your father never ever raised a hand towards you, he wouldn't do that.

"It's nothing, I'm okay."

"Take your shirt off."

Your heart stopped. Your breathing hitched, and you knew by the look from Henry, he wouldn't let you leave without you either taking your shirt of, or you telling him.

Your hands instinctively went to the collar of your hoodie, pulling it up.

Henry wasn't lost to this action, his own hands quickly grabbing the bottom of the fabric, pulling it up, not giving you a chance to even register what exactly he was doing.

When you felt the coldness against your body, you started to sob, the burns ached slightly, the small unheard cuts were suddenly painful as well, as if they felt the stares of Henry's eyes.

He was silent. Staring at each scar, old fades ones, and the newer wounds. His eyes looked confused, though to be fair you couldn't pin point exactly what it was with all the tears leaving your eyes.

"Your gonna tell me. Right now." Henry's voice was low. You couldn't tell if what was hidden behind it was anger or something else.

Your took a deep breath, though a few small broken sobs continued to rip from your throat as you tried to explain.

"I'm not pretty, or beautiful like everyone else. They all have perfect bodies. No fat in sight, no blemishes. I guess I wanted to be in control...being able to cut and burn myself made me feel like I was powerful. The pain made me realize that I was strong."

"Y/n, love. Your perfect to me," Henry's hands slowly cupped you're face, forcing you to look at him, his thumbs slowly wiped away tears, no matter how fast they came, "you may think you need to be like everyone else. But it's what I love you. Your different. Yes, you are strong and powerful, but not because of that. This, you doing that, hurts me too Y/n. You might think that no one will notice but I am your boyfriend. I want to be able to see you. I want to be your husband. Your life, I want to become your family. I want to take you places and raise a tiny you or a tiny me. If you ever think that I don't love you, or I think that you aren't perfect, then you can get bent. Cause I want you, I love you so fucking much."

You could tell he was on the brink of crying, his eyes were starting to get red, and they were starting to water.

"But Henry-"

"No buts, I am here for now and forever. But I want you to promise that you'll at least try not to do this anymore. If you ever feel the need I will be over in less than a second, and we will talk about whatever you need. Now, how about a shower?" He asked softly, you just nodded. Letting Henry lift you from the bed.

You wanted to pretend it was okay, but after seeing Henry liked that, you realized how much it was hurting both of you.

He loved you. And he loved everything about you, and that was enough for you to realize that maybe, in the eyes of the beholder, you were beautiful.

Victor Criss

"Okay, so we can either call for pizza, or takeout."

"Vic, it's basically the same thing, just different wording." You shook your head. Looking up from your book. Giving Vic a small smile.