(11)

·Winter, 2014·

                            My breath gasped out from my mouth. I didn't have time to stop and take a breath. My mate kept tugging me forward pushing rudely past the humans in a hurry. With the intent to escape the vampires eyesight.

"Down here!" My mate yelled in a hushed voice nearly tearing my arm off as we trudged our way into a shop. My feet skidding on the small steps.

The bell dinged into the barren pub and the store clerks eyes instantly went to ours. She smiled and frowned seeing how tired we were. Her nose crinkled up in disgust from our sweat that poured from our heavy clothing.

But then I saw her eyes, they were a bright blue and the tips of her fangs twinkled off the lights that hung randomly in the room.

I tugged at Stuwards hand, the sparks that we shared because of our mates bond slowly dying down the longer we touched.

"She's a vampire. We have to leave." I whispered urgently into his ear.

He nodded at me sending a glare that could kill towards the old women and he turned around only to quickly pull me behind him. I growled silently under my breath sneering annoyed at the vampire that stood in our way but despising myself for not smelling her scent earlier.

"Look what we have here. A lost puppy and a premature kitty cat." She smirked using her dark red nail to pick at her thin fangs. Her face bared a tiny mole on her left cheek that was highlighted because of her sickly pale skin and her prominent cheek bones.

Stuward stiffened at her words but still refrained me from stepping past him. The bond persuading me to automatically protect him from anything. I held a bit of worry when I saw a expression of anger cross his face, his hold on me becoming increasingly tighter.

Does he know? I thought frantically feeling myself get weak from nerves.

I bit my lip and stared back at the chubby vampire. Her curves were to die for and what most men's would desire. But since she was a bloodsucker, she wasn't high on list of people to court.

"What do you want?" Stuward hissed bitterly pulling me so that my face was hidden slightly behind his shoulder. My eyes glaring hatefully at the vampire whilst peering up at my mate with concern for him.

If she decided to attack us, I would have no other choice than to shift. That was the only way I could possibly defeat her. But judging by her scent. She was stronger than normal vampires.

She laughed pretentiously moving towards us. Her heels clicking off the floor. Obviously we moved back. Except I gripped Stuwards arm and he glanced at me confused with a wrinkle in his brow.

"What Master wants. Master gets. A bit like Simon says really." She giggled a with a honeyed voice before letting out a scream of alert that broke every ear drum in the vicinity.

Then just as she pounced with her nails extending to a inhuman length; I pushed my mate to the side using my abnormal strength before shifting fully. The table crashed from the weight and Stuward was cocooned safely into the arms of the table cloth.

I admit that I pushed him too hard but I was scared that if I didn't. He would have saw what a monster I was and he would know I was his Were.

The vampire scratched my cheek, blood spilling out because of my incompetence. I gritted my teeth jumping onto one of the table and roaring loudly as my snout protruded from my skin that was deteriorating at a alarming rate.

The old woman noticed the ditress she was in and moved from her unsafe position behind the counter. I lost count of her after I was fully shifted. My shadow looming over the vampire but still didn't ditter her confidence one bit.

"You're big one, aren't you?" She smirked angling herself into a fighting stance. Her claws dripping with my blood and her her fangs showing.

It was like a dog versus cat. Only we were both in disguise as a human.

She was taunting me by saying that. She actually meant I was small. Most Were are depicted as ten foot tall whilst I'm a normal eight. It was sexist, but its probably since I'm a female.

I growled prepare whilst clenching my hands around the the table. Digging my claws into the soft frabic and snapping the weak wood beneath as my feet fell to the floor making a booming sound break into the tense atmosphere.

The she-vampire licked her pink lips and made a hissing sound that sent saliva from her teeth and she swiped her long arm at me. She missed by a mere hair as I jumped back hitting against the counter and breaking it in half.

I should try to finish this soon.

I glared at her hungrily and knew exactly what I'd say if I could speak to her.

You look like a tasty meal.

Quickly I gripped a long piece of wood and threw it at her. She wasnt expecting it and yelped in fright letting out a annoyed screech before attacking me again.

She was using her emotions too much. Swiping left and right. Missing every time and I decided to barge into her toppling both of us over into a big heap ont the floor. The floorboards broke and a lamp fell to the floor from the ceiling. Flames quickly licking the entire back area.

I leaned my massive body up off the vampire and stared at her bloodied face. She was unconscious judging by the rugged breaths that came from her closed mouth. Licking my lips, I gave away to my feral side and dug my teeth into her sweet neck.

·End·