Chapter 8

Kit Pov

I'm walking back and forth in our living room with Nine sleeping in the couch. It has been hours since Ming left and even p'forth hasn't replied to my messages. I know Ming would find it extremely hard to explain, that's the reason i contacted p'forth before him and spilled.

Nine is tossing and turning unable to sleep peacefully due to the stirred memories. My body is shaking from the things that had happened to my baby. I promise i would never let anything near him again.

"Daddy" Nine called in his small voice sitting up in the couch.

"Yes sweetie" i immediately scooped him and embraced his small body in my hands.

"Where did papa go?" He asked with his eyes drooping again and he trying to move his bangs faling on the eyes.

"He caught up at work baby boy. He'll be home before you wake up" i kissed his forehead and rocked him to sleep.

Within minutes Nine again whimpered in his sleep and cried pouting his lower lip out. "What's the matter smol bean?" I asked peppering his face with kisses.

"Papa left me?" It shattered my heart. This boy really has attachment issues.

"No little one. He'll never do that" i shook my head and he reluctantly laid his head over my shoulder.

I took out my phone and again tried dialling to Ming. Nine right here is worried just like me even though he don't know anything regarding his papa's business or us.

Fortunately Ming accepted the call. "Yes kit" he said.

"Your son wants to talk to you. He's worried you left without saying bye bye" i said and turned the call in speaker.

"Hey peanut. You missing papa?" Ming asked in his usual cheery tone.

Nine gave a small nod even though Ming wouldn't know and buried his face more into my neck. "Is my baby shy?" I tickled Nine's sides to make him smile. He burst into a fit of giggles.

"Papa is on the way home, sleep for a while bubbles" he said and i kept my phone away.

"Daddy" Nine parted his face from me. "My little self is battling to slip but i just can't" he sniffed.

"Don't stress little one. We both will love you no matter what. Trust us and let it happen naturally" i said giving my honest smile.

"You should rest now" i ran my finger over his hair. He nodded and pressed his stuffie to his chest.

I jumped on hearing the calling bell ring. I didn't know i slept with Nine over me in the couch and Ming didn't take his spare key with him.

I answered the door and moved aside to let Ming in. He came with his orbs visibly red.

"M-ming" i gulped. He hummed.

"What did you do to him?" I asked referring to the abuser.

Ming simply smirked and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. My eyes widened.