Chapter Twenty

It was time for you to go downstairs. The train of your wedding dress trailed behind you as you walked down the aisle of the grand wedding hall. Looking at the decorations, you could tell that millions of Won were spent for it; you had to admit, it was stunning.

You could see Seonghwa, your friends, and the rest of Ateez through your peripheral vision. Your eyes teared up and you blinked the tears back.

Hyunsang smirks at you and you force out a smile too when you reach him. He takes your hands in his and the priest began to talk; you just zoned out, thinking whether you should've actually run away with Seonghwa.

"Does anyone have any objections? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

There was only silence.

"Very well, then---"

"I object!"

Everyone turned to look at the person who just spoke up.

"I object too!" San yells.

"Me too!" Jungwoo says.

"Well, may I know the reason why you're objecting?" Hyunsang asks, cleared very annoyed. He squeezed your hand a little.

Yeosang laughs. "The bride was getting threatened by that man," Yeosang states, making the guests whisper amongst themselves. Your eyes widened, wondering how Yeosang found out.

"What nonsense!" Hyunsang's mother says. "My son would never threaten someone!"

"Well, ask the bride then," Hongjoong says. All eyes were on you now.

You parents give you a stern look; you knew they wanted you to deny it. After all, Hyunsang was an extremely rich chaebol heir. On the other hand, Jongho gave you a pleading look, begging you to say the truth.

"Tell them the truth, darling," Hyunsang gives you look and squeezes your hand hard. "Tell them how much you love me and how badly you want to marry me."

You take a deep breath. "It's true."

Seonghwa's heart breaks.

Hyunsang laughs. "See, now---"

"He was threatening me."

Hyunsang's smile falters and he grabs your arm. "What the fuck are you doing?"

You push him away. "Ha Hyunsang forced me to date him and threatened me saying that he would hurt the man I'm actually in love with. And then when I wanted to tell Seonghwa about it, Hyunsang made his friends beat him up and then he said he would hurt my brother, Jongho, and all my friends."

More whispers were heard. Your friends gave you a proud yet sad look; they hate that you had to go through all that alone.

"What proof do you have, huh?" Hyunsang challenges.

"We got the footage of your friends beating Seonghwa, and we took Jena's phone," Yunho says. You wondered how they got your phone, not knowing that Seonghwa took it while he kissed you a few moments ago.

"All your threatening messages are there," Mingi adds.

Hyunsang scoffs. "So what?"

"So we gave it to the police who are waiting for you," Wooyoung smirks.

The police made their appearance and Hyunsang tried to make a run for it, but Seonghwa and Jongho caught him. The police handcuffed Hyunsang who was yelling curses at you as he got dragged away. His parents followed them, screaming to let their son go.

While everyone watched the commotion, Seonghwa approached you, pulling you into a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Choi Jena. I wish I told you sooner."

You smile, tears streaming down your face. "I love you too, Park Seonghwa."

Seonghwa takes your hand in his, pulling you along with him to the back exit of the hall.

You chuckle. "Where are we going, Seonghwa?"

"Far away from here, my love."

×××

The End.