We reached the venue at around 8. It was my first time accompanying him to any party. I was nervous but more than that, I was angry at him. He could have at least said that I looked good. It took me almost 2 hours to get ready. I know I don't need his approval but I could at least expect few compliments from him. But no, why would he compliment me? Wouldn't it be against his ego? 

We walked inside the venue and met few of his business people and were now seated at one of the round tables, sipping our drink when a girl of around my age came and sat beside me. She looked really pretty in her maroon dress and her voluminous hair was worth crushing over. I was adoring her when I heard her asking Chris for a dance. 

What? 

Girl, here I am adoring you and you're asking him for a dance? 

How dare you? 

As far as I know him, I was sure that Chris would say no to her.

But has Chris ever done things according to expectations? 

Then why would have he made an exception tonight...he said yes. 

He then stood up and even without giving me a single glance, he took her hand and walked towards the dance floor. 

Wow! Just wow! 

Amber, control yourself. 

I am not going to react. I will conceal my real feelings. 

Go ahead and dance with him. It is your night. Enjoy it! I thought looking at the girl who was dancing with him. 

That is when one gentleman came and sat on Chris' place and started talking to me. 

"Hello, I am Philip Meyer. And, you must be Mr. Collins' assistant, right?" he asked, smiling at me, charmingly. 

End of flashback

"Hey, would you mind telling me something?"

I asked, hesitantly. 

"Of course not, Ms. Milburn. Just go ahead." He said, with a smile. 

"Who is the girl dancing with Mr. Collins?" I asked, not averting my eyes from the girl. 

He turned his face to look at her and replied.

"Oh, she is Ms. Madeline Gilbert. She's a Swiss movie star." He replied. 

"Oh!" I said, slowly. I couldn't recognize her because I have never watched any Swiss movie. Though, the way she was carrying herself, it showed that she was indeed a celebrity or a model.

Also, I had no idea that Chris was interested in celebrities.

"I must go now. My date for the night must be waiting for me." he said, apologetically. 

I smiled. 

"It's okay. You shouldn't keep your date waiting or she'll eat you alive." I joked. He laughed lightly and after a while, he went away from there. 

I shifted my attention back on Chris and Madeline. 

He is dancing with some other girl and seem to be enjoying it as he wasn't even looking anywhere but her. They were continuously having conversation and here  no one is even asking me for a dance. 

Amber, you're hopeless! 

I was looking at them with a puppy face. 

Why me, god? Why can't I get the man I love?