ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34

Start from the beginning

"Yeah...about that, Hayley said the pack was cursed. Do you think it can be reversed?" Stefan asked after some time, "I mean, she said the witch who did that is dead now."

"Apparently, Brynee Deveraux drowned, and the copy of curse is with Marcel. We don't really know how to reverse it, but I have Melantha working on it," I said, my lips pursued in thought, "Maybe, a siphoner could undo it since its a curse...but they are rare, and usually psychotic."

"Siphoner?"

At Stefan's question, I realized they probably don't know about them. "A Siphoner is someone who is not born with magic, but they have siphon from other magical objects," as Stefan raised an eyebrow at it, I elaborated, "I call them - Magic Suckers."

Stefan made a noise of understanding, and I continued, "But I don't know if it is possible," I haven't heard anything like that in the show, went unsaid, "Witches see them as an abomination and are usually exiled from their Covens, so they turn psychotic. But everyone goes a little mad sometimes, so..." I trailed off.

"Do you know anyone or anyone that might be in contact with one?" Stefan inquired.

I scrunched up my face at the question and said, "Not here. Not that I know of."

"It was a yes or no question," Stefan said, in a deadpanned tone, "So, you do know someone that is not from here. Are they dead or something?"

"No...He is very much alive...but just not here," I said, and Stefan frowned at my obviously vague answer. I huffed at his gaze and explained a little less vaguely.

"Remember when I said they usually are a little psychotic," and Stefan nodded, "So, let me tell you the tragic tale of Malachai Parker, a 22-year old-ish kid from Gemini Coven." I began dramatically.

"The Gemini Coven has a tradition on how to select their leader. When the twins are born into the Coven, they undergo a Merging Ceremony when once they reach the age of twenty-two. During this ceremony, the stronger of the two would claim their twin's power and emerge with double the strength they previously held. Their weaker twin dies, as a result, leaving the survivor to become the new leader of the Coven," I explained, and Stefan made a face at that.

"Yes, killing their own twin is the initiation to their cult," I said, rolling my eyes. "So, Kai...short for Malachai was, unfortunately, born a Siphoner, and the traditional Gemini Coven started to treat him like an abomination and shunned him from their family. Ordered him to not touch any of his siblings, as he can siphon their magic with a touch."

"That's cruel. The kid didn't want to be born like that..." Stefan said.

"The world is cruel, Stefan," I said, tightlipped. "And Kai understood that too. I guess. So, he thought, maybe if he becomes the leader of the Coven, he will have some respect. But his father didn't want that. He knew Kai could easily win the merge against his twin sister Jo. So, he started having more children until he had another set of twins."

"Oh! Dear."

"So, what do you think a kid, a highly functioning sociopath, who never had any form of comforting touch since he was born, found out that the only thing that would give him some sense of security, some kind of feeling that he could be a part of something, is taken away from him?"

"He snaps," Stefan whispered.

"He did. When Kai discovered he can't participate in the merge because he was not a true witch...an abomination, Kai became what they wanted him to be. A day before he turned 22, he killed all of his siblings, tried to kill the backup twins, but his twin, Jo, stopped him and said she will merge with him if he let the twins leave. But it was a trap." I said, taking a Left turn.