ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47

KOL MIKAELSON HAD LIVED for a thousand years, if you don't count the few centuries he had been daggered and boxed up in a coffin, that is. And in those years, he had met and dealt with a great variety of people. Even though he wasn't much of a social person, he knew the basics of human courtesies, alright.

Kol was very sure if someone had followed a relatively new acquaintance blindly and had found themselves stuck in an alternate plane with no strategy or a detailed plan for a way out whatsoever -then the least they could get in return was a goddamn thank you.

But, no. Not according to Katherine Pierce, apparently.

The second they both appeared in an abandoned backyard with none of the wolves and insane witches around them, Katherine started screaming at him. "Why the fuck would you do that?" she had asked him, throwing her hands in the air, frustration evident in her words and actions.

For a second, Kol froze. He instinctively turned around to see if she was angry at someone behind him.

"I am talking to you, Kol," Katherine confirmed. "Just why the fuck would you grab me for? Now you are stuck here with me for who knows how long."

"A thank you would be appreciated, darling," Kol deadpanned. "And quite honestly, I don't really have anything lined up for the foreseeable future. Also, you promised you would let me accompany you on this trip."

Katherine sighed, calming down for a hot second. "That may be," she admitted. "But I agreed to this particular endeavor when I believed we would return in a few days -with the help of Maddox. But that's not the case now. We have shit resources at the moment," she explained to him, waving her hands wildly. "I mean, what about your family? What if searching for you leads Klaus directly to the wolves. The Cresent's don't want to be hybrids. This is the main purpose on why I am looking for Kai's help in the first place. I don't want Klaus to get his grubby claws on Hayley's pack."

Kol scoffed without any care. "One, Maddox and Greta gave you their promise they won't say anything to Klaus. Two, you are expecting much from my beloved family. They wouldn't even notice I am gone. Even if they do, I am sure Maddox and Greta will come up with some reason as to why I did not return to Mystic Falls."

"But what if they want to reach you to confirm themselves?" Katherine retorted.

"They won't," he said with conviction. "Rebekah, Lijah, and Nik are a group. And Finn is with Sage doing god knows what. So, trust me when I say they won't notice my absence when they already have everything they need. Also, I have been on my own for a long time over many years. They would never get suspicious."

Katherine just huffed. She didn't show him any sign of pity when he admitted he was the odd one out of his family, and Kol liked that. He didn't know what he would have done if she saw him like he is some broken toy that needs to be fixed or some similar shit like that.